Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Majestic Mach

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    A funny story as was retold to me and involving Chris Barsby.
    At a QLD Harness Awards night he was seated on the same table as the former the RQLD Chairman. When Barsby got up to go get a drink or visit the gents or whatever...old mate apparently inquired with Barsby's wife as to his name and what he did. Finger on the pulse had Bob.
    Nothing wrong with a bit of blatant parochialism Breno. It's good for business. Barsby's good at it. Former GP caller John Hunt over there in WA, he was the undisputed King. The Industry began with "My horse is faster than yours and I'll race you to Church to prove it". Somewhere along the way we all but lost sight of that boastful aspect and I think it has been to our detriment. It doesn't have to become a WWF Vince McMahon style pre race wind up but in the lead up to a big $ race the odd trainer or owner coming out in the press & throwing down the gauntlet to their opposition would make for good copy and no doubt generate interest.
    The Fans are still out there, they want to pick sides, they want a horse to follow and I reckon that sort of thing would help no end in generating them.
    Didn't say there was....although given QLD have won the last 6 likely to be 7 origins there is indeed something wrong with it!!

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    This is one freakish animal...an amazing horse is every department.
    I am sure the sport in general is praying this superb athletic stays sound & sane..

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Guaranteed sure did clean 'em up in the Tatlow c & g final tonight at Melton. We might have to wait a bit longer for these 2 stars to cross paths, I am pretty sure the Qlder was being put away after he finished his current local campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by ARTOFFICIAL View Post
    There is a colt down Vic way that says hi, Guaranteed. Super horse. Wait til they actually let him go. Won't it be great when these two meet. Breeders Crown??
    Seems like there is another smart one out there Damien, the NZer Border Control appeared to have Guaranteed under control at Shepparton in the Empire Vicbred 2yo Heat tonight. They were of course both impressive and ran smart time. In a field of eight on the NSW tote they both started odds-on. BC $1.80 and G was $1.90. Apparently Guaranteed was overcoming a bit of a setback last week, so his run was probably better than it looked. There are two further heats later tonight.

Member Yearling ARTOFFICIAL will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Damien Saxon
    Hey Brad yes Border Control looked very sharp. Still new I think that was his 4th start so should keep improving. Could he sit outside Guaranteed and beat him? Who knows but doesn't the future look exciting for these top youngsters.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    It is generally regarded by the "experts" that Border Control was THE unluckiest runner on Jewels day.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by ARTOFFICIAL View Post
    Hey Brad yes Border Control looked very sharp. Still new I think that was his 4th start so should keep improving. Could he sit outside Guaranteed and beat him? Who knows but doesn't the future look exciting for these top youngsters.
    These two put on another great show in the Vicbred final tonight. Guaranteed showed some real toughness tonight, but theres not much between them. One all.

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Majestic Mach very very good again last night. Had to do plenty of work in the breeze but just seemed to find another gear when required! Most exciting juvenile since pocket watch for mine!

I can't wait to see what time he runs when gets to Menangle.

Banned Gelding mary will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mary hughes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Majestic Mach very very good again last night. Had to do plenty of work in the breeze but just seemed to find another gear when required! Most exciting juvenile since pocket watch for mine!

I can't wait to see what time he runs when gets to Menangle.
    Im going to say Guaranteed is just as good as Majestic Mach.
    Should clash in the NSW Derby...Pity its not the Vic one.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I'm cheering for the Artsplace colt if for no other reason than the fact he is still a colt...and a colt such as him, bred & performed the way that he is going on & winning a Derby or 2,3+ is going to be in the longer term a far better thing for the Industry (subsequent breeding career wise) than a gelding going on to win the big ones. Head to head ability I think that Kevin's horse is probably every bit as good but sadly he is sans Jatz.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    I'll be cheeering for Majestic Mach. The industry will be much better served in the long run by another icon like Blacks A Fake then another stallion in the breeding ranks already loaded with Artsplace blood. Now if only Majestic Mach could do a "Black Caviar" and remain undefeated that would really give the industry something to look forward too.

Closed Thread