Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: W.A Pacing Cup

nat

W.A Pacing Cup

What a race just when you thought whats going on here I've waited up all night to watch this race with the slow pace nothing but the front horses had a chance ITMQ unleashes one of the best last laps you would ever see to win.

Flashing Red
    I stayed up too. I thought ITMQ couldn'r run in the first three after the first half was slow slow (obviously they were going to scoot home) and being three wide. But he did. This is why I love to watch the good horses race, just awesome!!

buster
    they went too slow, he got outside the leaders in 29.6

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Race 2 mile rate 3 seconds quicker

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Well ITMQ has certainly laid down the gauntlet in ID11 calculations.....

And with Sleepy Trip failing last night at Shepparton... it's looking like a showdown between Smoken Up, Mr Feelgood and ITMQ...

Can't see any other challengers..

buster
    monkey king to win final

heats or consolation stunin cullen, smiling shard, sleepy cant be discounted just yet, he bungled the start and could never get into it, shepparton is just too hot for the horses on the pegs

nat
    Shepparton is a top track and it dint help Ronerail being on the rail I was disapointed in The Sleepy Trip he may have bungeld the start but the slow lead time and first quarter gave him ample time to ease back in the race without much effort I think they all misjudged the horses up front and the 55 last half put them to rest early

Mile rate doe's mean something Mango but the shear fact he was 3 wide on a 800 meter track going 55.5 last half he must have been going around the 53 mark thats what FFA racing is about sometime smoke and mirrors it nearly worked for rhe second horse but not for Washakie

buster
    ronerail went too slow, was outsprinted in a 27 last 400m when purdon got outside him doing no work

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Ronerail ran his last 2 quarters 28.4, 27.9.
    His driver Daryl Douglas did about as much as possible to outsprint anything in the race, going slow early, and coming home a last half that quick who would have thought he would have got run down?
    I Can Doosit too good on the night...
    But great to see old Ronny revitalised!
    I wonder how many other horses are running around doing ordinary things who also could have a training change and then be revitalised???

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Ronerail ran his last 2 quarters 28.4, 27.9.
    His driver Daryl Douglas did about as much as possible to outsprint anything in the race, going slow early, and coming home a last half that quick who would have thought he would have got run down?
    I Can Doosit too good on the night...
    But great to see old Ronny revitalised!
    I wonder how many other horses are running around doing ordinary things who also could have a training change and then be revitalised???
    Without putting words in his mouth I think Buster may have been saying is Ronerail is more of a staying type. I don't know the trotting form that well and cant be stuffed looking Ronerail up to see if its true. But take BAF for example. Lets say he was to run a 1.50MR. He could do this in quarters of 28,28,27,27 but he couldnt do it in quarters of 28,30,28,25. Whereas a horse like ITMQ would be able to go 28,30,28,25 but couldnt go 28,28,27,27. Get me? Ronerail would be the BAF in this example.

+ Reply to Thread