Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If true....This is frightening

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    Makes me think I better go pull out all those CCA green posts they love to chew. (CCA) Copper Chromium Arsenate
    Leave 'em in MJ, you may be looking for an 'environmental defence' down the track if they keep sending the swabs to HK

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
    With all the concerns about Arsenic levels etc, we may have to re-think the Phar Lap story considering it was supposedly an Arsenic overdose that killed him. Maybe it was a more common practice to use it way back then. May also explain why he developed into the horse he was after very ordinary start to his racin career.
    Being a romantic traditionalist, there are some things I prefer to just to ignore in life and I wish those investigators did too.

1/ Phar Lap was a true 100% Australian champ that those damned Kiwi's tried to ride on the coat tails of by claiming him as theirs and

2/ He was poisoned by those American gangsters (and not given a lethal dose by his own connections) and

3/ He could flog the best of them because of his naturally occurring gigantic heart.

Those scientists are just plain party-poopers

Member Gelding Tangles will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mj mcmillian
    Seaweed can be consumed in the form of kelp as a dietary supplement or in Japanese cuisine. Seaweed contains a significant amount of arsenic predominantly in the form of arsenosugars. Urine total arsenic may reach levels of 1000 μg/g creatinine a few hours after eating a seafood meal with virtually all of this being in the form of non-toxic organic arsenic.
    Last edited by Tangles; 05-16-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
    With all the concerns about Arsenic levels etc, we may have to re-think the Phar Lap story considering it was supposedly an Arsenic overdose that killed him. Maybe it was a more common practice to use it way back then. May also explain why he developed into the horse he was after very ordinary start to his racin career.
    [VVV] The hook is that Arsenic in its inorganic form, when given in the right amount, also acts as a very significant temporary cardiac stimulant.
    At the same time the organic pentavalent form found in good old Jurocyl etc. is however is extremely usefull, especially so for cleaning up horses that have come out of winter with coats on them like Yaks.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    Seaweed can be consumed in the form of kelp as a dietary supplement or in Japanese cuisine. Seaweed contains a significant amount of arsenic predominantly in the form of arsenosugars. Urine total arsenic may reach levels of 1000 μg/g creatinine a few hours after eating a seafood meal with virtually all of this being in the form of non-toxic organic arsenic.
    G'day MJ can you tell us how to pronounce that? Everytime I look at the word i seem to get a sour taste in my mouth

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Hahahahaha. Dan, I think it's similar to arsenoquestions I'll tell you no lies...or arsenotwhat your country can do for you.

+ Reply to Thread