Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Acceptances for Menangle

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Does 251 (i) also apply to posters on this forum
    [VVV] I hope not. Every now and again I'd risk getting a length disqualification.

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    Hello Broncobrad,

Your comment to my post was not very kind.

Is this the most idiotic comment ever posted???

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Hey Jason, WTF, surely you can't be serious. Are you condoning the presence of a substance within an animal that is over the prescribed acceptable threshold that falls outside the guidelines clearly layed out for all participants to abide by? And you then intimate that, atleast that is better than colluding with stewards.

In the current climate of NSW with the sport trying to resurrect some semblance of self respect, I just find those comments unhelpful at the very least.

Banned Gelding racefair will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jett Miller
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    vvv
    Jamie, I don't know Belinda from a bar of soap. I don't like or dislike her and she could be the greatest horseman in the world. I don't know and it doesn't have much to do with this argument.
    HOWEVER, the facts are that she has an unproven record as a trainer and that's the point that I'm making. You get it Jamie, however as you've know her and like her you're emotional about this and are trying to spin something else. Fair enough. You then get back to Luke's incredible driving skills. People like Ashlee Seijka, Jim Douglas etc have showed their class as drivers on lear jets also. People aren't stupid Jamie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Triple V; 05-24-2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: can't say that either Jett. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx's replaced.

mark diegutis
    John McCarthy takes the reins from son Luke
    News Room 02:03 PM 24-May-2012 NZT

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    VVV, care to explain why my post was removed?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    G'day Leigh,
    It was removed because with two short sentences you rather deftly managed to slander ALL of Luke's owners, none of whom have had anything whatsoever to do with the current situation he is faced with. You can get the same point across by giving it some thought as to how you word it, that's all. I'm not looking for a stoush with you, but that's the way I saw it.

Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Fair enough. As your probably aware of by now, i'm not good at tactful, but I thought it was a point worth making. Tecnnically it wasn't slander till Luke came back from suspension in my defense. But I'll respect the umps call. Just a question though. Do you agree with the point I was trying to make?

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    G'day Leigh,
    It's not a matter of agree or disagree. I know Emilio pretty well & this comes from that standpoint. He...like any number of others, has made his views on intergity well & truly known post the July/August 2011 revelations here in NSW and rightly so, what happened was a disgrace.
    He, again like many others, is repeatedly in print and on the net as having said numerous things about racing integrity & so on and in his case, all of which I know he has backed up personally, face to face & to anyone who has talked to him at the track, at the Yearling Sales & so on in recent times about this general subject. What he does from here on in is of course entirely his prerogative, as it is that of any and all Owners.
    Years ago there was an article that came out in the now defunct Harness Racing Weekly that absolutely bagged the Hell out of Noel Alexander when the Owners of My Cherie moved her to his set up at Cranbourne from Ted Demmler's stables. When asked about the misgivings of some sections of the VIC Industry at the time, Noel simply suggested they get a dictionary & look up the meaning of the word Owner. It's the same for Emilio. I wouldn't cop someone telling me what to do with ours Trainer wise or anything else & I'll not do that to anyone else & nor should others, IMO.

Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    That's exactly right. And nowhere in my deleted post did I suggest what he should do with his horses. But you know what is a bigger penalty than any time on the sidelines or fine to a trainer who has returned a positive swab to a banned substance? It is the loss of quality horses and quality owners. I'd be interested to know if any posters would consider taking horses off a trainer who returned a positive and perhaps lost a race due to it.

+ Reply to Thread