Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Livamol ayone?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Question Livamol ayone?

Anyone else feeding this? First time I've ever used it and geeze I've noticed it in their coats even though they're going into winter. They look & act so well. Incredible stuff...even though it's bloody expensive, so far very encouraging results.

Senior Member Colt Lethal is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Lee Balmer
    Jamie! Late mail, I would have thought Livamol would be common knowledge to you, the font of all knowledge.The first thing I noticed when I walked into a HR stable, too many years ago, was, A BIG ORANGE BAG.
    But cut the jokes, it is good stuff, great for conditioning coats and still use it on the competition hacks. I would not think it is expensive @ around $4 per kilo give or take where you purchase it.
    Good stuff, keep using it.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Jamie! Late mail, I would have thought Livamol would be common knowledge to you, the font of all knowledge.The first thing I noticed when I walked into a HR stable, too many years ago, was, A BIG ORANGE BAG.
    But cut the jokes, it is good stuff, great for conditioning coats and still use it on the competition hacks. I would not think it is expensive @ around $4 per kilo give or take where you purchase it.
    Good stuff, keep using it.
    [VVV] I knew of it Lee but definitely a first time user. I was in the feed store with my brother and had no idea what it was worth so I made a big wheel of myself by grabbing two big bags & walking up to the counter & then nearly fell over when the bloke on the cash register told me the price. I heard my brother behind me say "shit" then he rather unkindly laughed at me as I went for my wallet. The big bottle of apple cider vinegar and garlic that I was also holding only added to the damage. Still, looks like money well spent though. It's really putting some zing into them both appearance and alertness wise. Thankfully it looks like you don't have to use much to see a difference in them and quickly too, as in a couple of weeks. A bloke told me about some good results he had with Equi-Jewel but that it was more of a weight gainer sort of thing. Have you used that before?

Real Name
    Lee Balmer
    We used to have a Dr. Marbach (Genius) who was instrumental in developing blood tests. He never stopped extolling the value of cider vinegar.

Real Name
    Lee Balmer
    I missed that bit about Equi-Jewel, however Dr. Marbach tried to impress on me that if you had a warehouse for every magic new veterinary product, then you would need to it to be the size of a Jumbo hangar.He used to say, remember KISS.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    That's good to hear but what's in the Cider Vinegar that is supposed to be so good Lee?
    I kind of get the Garlic...as in the sulphur content...but Vinegar?
    Is it some sort of blood or digestive pH thing or what?

Real Name
    Lee Balmer
    Well from memory the main benefit was to stimulate drinking, promoting an alkaline blood profile, therefore retaining potassium. Also very good for all your older arthritic horses due to its aid in lowering lactic acid build up. I'm sure there's more, however still use it on the hacks (as above)

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Yes can concur on the results from Livamol.
    $150.00 for 40kg bag here.
    Also use Garlic / vinegar compound.
    have you tried HANLEYS Formula yet????

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    That's interesting. Makes sense too. I was told it also had benefits as far as their airways were concerned, esp. so with the Garlic added ? Whatever it does, it honks when you dish it out but they all seem to really like the taste & don't leave anything behind in their feed bins. Btw, the Livamol seems to me to have a kind of aniseed smell to it? which I'm not so partial to, have long hated licorice. Errrrrgh.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Yes can concur on the results from Livamol.
    $150.00 for 40kg bag here.
    Also use Garlic / vinegar compound.
    have you tried HANLEYS Formula yet????

[VVV] No Tony, haven't used that. What's the skinny on it?

+ Reply to Thread