Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who is training Lukes horses

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin

Who is training Lukes horses

You would think with a new stable and bigger prizemoney in Sydney, John would be based in Sydney but he elects to drive in Qld.
    Maybe Mat Rue is training the team or someone else not mentioned

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    You would think with a new stable and bigger prizemoney in Sydney, John would be based in Sydney but he elects to drive in Qld.
    Maybe Mat Rue is training the team or someone else not mentioned
    I'm sure if you lined up Lightning McCool, Miysis, Eloquent Babe, Lettucerocku, Numberone Amenophis and Asoka at a rail John would be able to tell them apart and tell you what gear each horse wears.....Note the sarcasm.

That's no blight on John and his horsemanship though - he is a top trainer in his own right and his record speaks for itself. But, even the best wouldn't be able to name horses and the gear they wear when they've never laid eyes on them before!

If he can in fact name the horses and the gear I would only be too happy to be proved wrong. But alas I don't think that is the case.

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    if I was John I would stay in QLD too...

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    This is more than a little selective fellas, don't you think? It is not as though this sets a precedent.
    Over the years there have been & are any number of Trainers who, trans City, State, Continent or Tasman, have horses racing in their names despite them being elsewhere at the time. To my knowledge there is no requirement, there never has been a requirement, there never will be a requirement, that a Trainer be alongside any or all of his/her horses at every tick of the clock, 24/7/365. Back when BPH used to go chasing NSW Sires Stakes and later on ID's, all of his horses still raced in his name despite him being elsewhere at that point in time and often for extended periods thereof. How is this any different?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    This is more than a little selective fellas, don't you think? It is not as though this sets a precedent.
    Over the years there have been & are any number of Trainers who, trans City, State, Continent or Tasman, have horses racing in their names despite them being elsewhere at the time. To my knowledge there is no requirement, there never has been a requirement, there never will be a requirement, that a Trainer be alongside any or all of his/her horses at every tick of the clock, 24/7/365. Back when BPH used to go chasing NSW Sires Stakes and later on ID's, all of his horses still raced in his name despite him being elsewhere at that point in time and often for extended periods thereof. How is this any different?
    People were critical of the Morris/K Turner switch over on this very forum. People have criticised Graeme Rogerson in both the harness and thoroughbred world for his training arrangements.

There is no fair way around the rule, and John McCarthy or anybody is fully entitled to do what they are doing no doubt about that. But let's not compare it to a trainer taking a stable star away for a few weeks, thats an insult to peoples intelligence.

Edit: And I don't have much intelligence to start with so please don't insult it!

Real Name
    bailey martin
    It's different give the volume of horses........40 plus

Banned Filly little fish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Username deleted
    Has anything actually changed other than the 'L' to a 'J' in the racebook under 'trainer'?
    Last edited by Triple V; 06-03-2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: can't say that Barry, in jest or otherwise. Sorry mate.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    It's different give the volume of horses........40 plus
    [VVV] So the rules of racing are in fact fluid and the weight of their application is at a whim & in direct relation to the size of the stable? Sorry mate, guilty as charged there Bailey. That's selective.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    People were critical of the Morris/K Turner switch over on this very forum. People have criticised Graeme Rogerson in both the harness and thoroughbred world for his training arrangements.

There is no fair way around the rule, and John McCarthy or anybody is fully entitled to do what they are doing no doubt about that. But let's not compare it to a trainer taking a stable star away for a few weeks, thats an insult to peoples intelligence.

Edit: And I don't have much intelligence to start with so please don't insult it!
    [VVV] Not attempting to insult anyone's grey matter Breno. Mine has been in full reverse for some time now & sans the aid of Coffee and the occasional cheeky shiraz it would seize up and cease to function.
    Nevertheless, the rules are the rules are the rules...and they are applied as written. To my knowledge they do not have any < nor or > aspects to them in terms of a specified number of days in attendance, specified numbers of horses being trained etc. Further to this, HRNSW doesn't appear to have any issue with John being named as Trainer.
    On a general note, it is hardly without precedent either recently or significantly in the past. I am old enough to remember Andrew Peace winning both the VIC and NSW Trainer's Premierships in the same season, he had sizeable stables in both States (take note Bailey) and again, to my knowledge, the rules governing this aspect of Racing have not changed much if at all since then.

Real Name
    bailey martin
    [VVV] So the rules of racing are in fact fluid and the weight of their application is at a whim & in direct relation to the size of the stable? Sorry mate, guilty as charged there Bailey. That's selective.
    Jamie, maybe may stance could be highlighted by the fast class race at Menangle last night, where the stable had almost 50% of the field. Not a great look for the sport with a stable with so many runners, a dozen at the meeting and the trainer nowhere to be seen.

+ Reply to Thread