Real Name
    Duane Ranger
    Occupation
    racing journalist

Luke McCarthy delighted to be back training

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Have i missed something was sure he was found guilty and sure he has right of appeal, but to mention innocent to proven guilty bemuses me.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    With blood sample swab's do the relevant authorities only test for prohibitive substance's or prohibitive substance's and DNA . I was thinking if DNA was tested as well they could be 100% sure that the tested sample had in fact come from the Positive tested horse ! By doing this their could be no mistake's made such as the accusation's of mixing up of samples , it's not from my horse etc . Was just wondering how it was all done.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    With blood sample swab's do the relevant authorities only test for prohibitive substance's or prohibitive substance's and DNA . I was thinking if DNA was tested as well they could be 100% sure that the tested sample had in fact come from the Positive tested horse ! By doing this their could be no mistake's made such as the accusation's of mixing up of samples , it's not from my horse etc . Was just wondering how it was all done.
    Pretty sure swab number is taken and trainer has to sign off on it.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    That is what i thought but samples still could be mixed up that is why it may be a good idea to do DNA as well.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Junior Member Foal Rhys - B Grade Trainer will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rhys Pasitchnyj
    Occupation
    Harness Trainer
    Horses
    Black As Knight - Piper Findlay - De Osc
    - When i was training my Horse - and i got swabbed at the Races, they took like #4 unit's or blood in those little Cell Captule's - and on the Bag they Write the horses name that they are swabbing and they put it in the Bag and then they show you that it is all done , and that they haven't tamped with the Bag or the Tubes... & if the Trainer is Happy then the Trainer will Sign off , on a Little peice of paper. - But every Single Time these day's HRV and Controlling Bodies are always updating there database with New drugs and stuff. - so people that try to inject there horses or ( for Example Use: Bi-Carb ) - get cought out because when u use something like High Bi-Carb it fizzes the Horses up and they can't stand still & the more work they do the more Fizzed up they Get. - .

Greg - Yes Controlling Bodies only swab for Prohibited Substances , in there Blood. -

+ Reply to Thread