+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any NZ pacers for sale??

Junior Member Weanling username will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    What an ignorant, silly statment!!

They change his price all the time, but Nickys Falcon as an example you can get periodically for 10k. That horse is nothing further from a skunk!!
    oh really is that a new zealand horse available right now? lets be honest 10k will get you a rat 20k will get you a very nice horse.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    oh really is that a new zealand horse available right now? lets be honest 10k will get you a rat 20k will get you a very nice horse.
    I see you chose to ignore the comment on No Swaps!

I am being honest, and instead of sitting around waiting (and it will be an eternity) for an in form good going horse for 10k to be plonked on your lap you have to think outside the square. Chances are you are not going to get a good horse for 10k if you don't, especially in NZ where they seem to want a lot more for them. However, if on a budget like that, you may have to get a good horse that is currently out of form, or a horse from a trainer you think you can improve off. I have known people to get very nice horses cheaply the night they have been given a 3 month ban after bleeding. Sometimes horses fibulate one off (like Blacks A Fake, Melpark Major) but people don't want to risk it so they get rid of the cheaply. Sometimes people have no idea that their horses are thumping and you can get a steal and turn it around in a week! Sure, none of these situations are ideal but you have to think outside the square sometimes and do what you gotta do.

Da Svidaniya was claimed for 6k 3.5 months ago and 2 starts ago won a FFA. He is in for 10k this Saturday. You can't honestly tell me that those sorts of horses can't be found in NZ and are only unique to Australia. Nickys Falcon and Da Sivdaniya are an example of 2 horses that have nothing wrong with them that are nice little money spinners at a reasonable price. Sure they don't meet the "NZ" criteria, but please don't be silly enough to suggest to me that those sorts of horses couldn't be found there either!! Probably a bit harder to do so, granted, but not impossible! Of course you will more likely than not get a nicer horse for 20k, but then you are paying twice as much so you would kinda expect that, right?

buster
    at least hes having a crack and trying to find a winner

i sent you a pm mickey

Real Name
    Unknown
    ok so i may have gone off a bit early here but it hard not to with all this talent. my point was the quality of horse rises exponentially between 10k and 20k horses iMho

Flashing Red
    ok so i may have gone off a bit early here but it hard not to with all this talent. my point was the quality of horse rises exponentially between 10k and 20k horses iMho
    I agree. The cheaper they are, the harder it is to find a good money spinner, yes.

buster
    personally i think nz horses are cheaper than aussie horses... imo it is pretty much impossible to buy a metro class horse that is still a c0 in aus - where as at least they are actually for sale in nz with wins still left in them

Junior Member Weanling mickeyh will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Marvin Houston
    ummm....so I'll get a better horse if I pay more? Thanks for the scoop!!

To those who have contacted with a constructive contribution, thanks for your help.

Real Name
    Unknown
    you missed the point but seeing as ur a bit challenged and hard up for cash perhaps try buying big rocket. should suit.

Real Name
    Marvin Houston
    EARTH TO NUMNUTS. What about your comment does not suggest that by paying more you would get a better horse??? Once again, thanks for the scoop. I'll bear those thoughts in mind forever more so my life can be complete. Now I will know that the next time I am looking to purchase a car for example, I will be able to get a better one "exponentially between 10 and 20k"!!! Gee, imagine what I could get for $50k on that basis.

Seriously, back under your rock please.

Real Name
    Marvin Houston
    PS - if you need some help in working out how to actually create a username for yourself, I'm sure admin can assist.

+ Reply to Thread