Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Four starzzz shark - as a broodmare sire.

Senior Member Colt LisaB25 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lisa Bendotti
    Horses
    Hillview Aussie, Choccy Mac

Four starzzz shark - as a broodmare sire.

I know most of his aust progeny are still quite young, does anyone know if he has any mares in the US producing yet? Possibly looking at a fss mare to breed this season, what are peoples opinions on his bloodlines and crosses etc.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

No idea, BUT...

There is/was one only fairly recently listed for sale over your way Lisa.
    She's from a 5yo NZ bred from a Live Or Die mare, name's Esprit Bromac.
    Vaguely remember her racing, she took a 1:55 and a bit mark and picked up 40k or so.
    The USTA stats suggest that the horse hits it off with Abercrombie & No Nukes line mares so in turn......maybe a Western Hanover/Artsplace line horse back over the top of such a mare? Ultimately it all depends on what the FSS mare looks like.
    If it's any consolation, I was in the same boat with a Shark Gesture mare we bred that had a bad knee and in turn was bred herself at 3yrs. She is due to foal to Shadow Play sometime in October.
    He was chosen because his classy physical appearance was needed to knock a few of the harder edges off the mare as she's a lot like her father in that respect. A CCS with all the trimmings.

Senior Member Colt LisaB25 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lisa Bendotti
    Horses
    Hillview Aussie, Choccy Mac
    Thanks triple,

yeah that's the mare im looking at, shes a good size @ around 15.5 and a solid type, has done quite well, watched her several times and led through out when taking that 1.55 mark also ran some handy races @ GP...looking for another broodmare that has done ok on the track and decently bred, just wasnt sure on the FSS factor.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Probably several years away from any meaningful stats as a broodmare sire yet but as Jamie said his sire stats in the US indicated a liking for Abercrombie blood excluding Albert Albert who is the damsire of his good filly Frith here, go figure!. He has particularly good stats with Life Sign mares and Western Hanover, so how about having a look at American Ideal? Has Western Hanover, Abercrombie and Life Sign's dam Three Diamonds, plus Direct Scooter who has historicly suited the NZ mare population.Jamie might even be able to get you a really good deal!

Member Gelding Tangles will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mj mcmillian
    On a similiar note. Does anybody have any theories as to why Village Jasper is not in the top 20 list of broodmare sires?. Surely with his numbers they should be coming through.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    probably several years away from any meaningful stats as a broodmare sire yet but as jamie said his sire stats in the us indicated a liking for abercrombie blood excluding albert albert who is the damsire of his good filly frith here, go figure!.
    [vvv] go figure indeed. You can't make judgements on his exposed numbers dot. 7 race age us bred foals from aa mares for 3 to the races to date was hardly an indication of anything at all.
    here in aus he (fss) has 3 x current season 2yo winners from albert albert mares frith, lenny the shark & i want candy...from 12 live foals to mares by albert albert.
    in the following crop, those current yearlings rising 2yrs, there are 10 bred on that cross and for the following crop again there are 8.
    in total, by the time fss's current weanlings make the races in 2 years or so's time, we'll have a total of 30 to work with and that's still nowhere near enough to hang a hat on one way or the other.
    he has particularly good stats with life sign mares and western hanover, so how about having a look at american ideal? Has western hanover, abercrombie and life sign's dam three diamonds, plus direct scooter who has historicly suited the nz mare population.jamie might even be able to get you a really good deal! [vvv] if you were keen lisa i would certainly try my very best. The australian agent owes me a coffee & a blueberry muffin.
    vvv

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    On a similiar note. Does anybody have any theories as to why Village Jasper is not in the top 20 list of broodmare sires?. Surely with his numbers they should be coming through.
    [VVV] Hey Tangles, you're the second person to have raised that question in a pretty short space of time.
    It's very early on & his Stats don't look too bad on the face of it...numbers wise here in Oz there are 154 Oz bred foals 3yrs & older from Village Jasper mares. If you take into account current 2yos then there are a further 68, for 222 in total. To date 91 have started, 51 have won.
    As fate would have it, we bred a nice Four Starzzz Shark filly (current yearling rising 2yo) from a Village Jasper mare, the bloke who owns her now reckons she gets along really well.
    Last edited by Triple V; 06-20-2012 at 10:45 PM. Reason: bad spelling

Junior Member Weanling Kevin Dinnigan will become famous soon enough Kevin Dinnigan's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin email.Kevin.Dinnigan@Three.com.au Dinnigan
    Occupation
    Research
    Horses
    Hindu Rani. Hindu Goddess.Hindu Rama,Hin
    Hi Lisa.
    Your FSS mare, whats her name, reason is, You need to look at her full bloodlines to get the right bloodline sire {hopefully proven } match for her, i will then look at her full bloodlines and give you some options.
    Regards.
    KevinD

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Jamie no "form and function" comments on the FSS/AA cross then? You don't need to explain the statistical significance of the numbers to me though I suspect in reality there are actually more FSS/AA foals in the US then indicated, they aren't all registered at birth over there. I fear you have missed my point, it was about the apparent contrast between AA and the other Abercrombie line stallions, particularly Life Sign who IMO is extremely closely related to AA but not obviously in your opinion as they aren't from the same maternal line. I not exactly hanging my hat anywhere but I do have the inklings of an idea, I'll be watching the "form and function" of The FSS/AA cross with interest in the years to come.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    ???? Geeze Dot. I reckon you'd argue with your shadow if it would answer back.

+ Reply to Thread