Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Stallion fees 2012

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    HAHAHA brilliant..........my next horse will be named "SEVEN" or maybe "THURSTON IS KING" loved that result last night!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I had a somewhat late dinner with 'she who must be obeyed' and then watched Paul Murray Live. These days I'd prefer to put my Jatz on a Farrier's Anvil and then proceed to repeatedly smash them with a hammer than watch a game of football of either code. Much rather watch Premier League Soccer or the NFL.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    I had a somewhat late dinner with 'she who must be obeyed' and then watched Paul Murray Live. These days I'd prefer to put my Jatz on a Farrier's Anvil and then proceed to repeatedly smash them with a hammer than watch a game of football of either code. Much rather watch Premier League Soccer or the NFL.
    Interesting choice. Is that so you can cook up your muffins in between the players actually doing anything? Most boring sport I've ever had the displeasure of watching!!!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Getting back on topic...there's a pretty fair whisper doing the rounds that 1 or more of the big farms are going to offer alternative terms on their service fees, as in 1 price for a pay on 42 day test and another for a pay on live foal and one is said to be going pay on live foal across the board. I recall Nevele R doing this with Rustler Hanover a fair few years back now...he was advertised with 2 prices, not sure how it turned out for them, but these days I think it would work well. There's a pretty fair market for services POLF terms, Art Official was struggling to get mares until they turned around and advertised him on a POLF basis and he duly served 200 or so mares. The Southern Hemisphere is without doubt THE most competitive market place there is going (due largely to open books) & the quality of sires available this time around is without precedent on top of which we have free access to sires here that a lot of Nth American Breeders can't get a mare booked into. Very interesting to see how things go.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    No Prices yet but website indicates M3 is book full in Oz and CUF book full in Oz and Nz. Its getting to be a very compeditive and shrinking market so I imagine there will be an increasing number of payment options and multiple booking options available. Something I recall from the states is that some stallions that were POLF had different fees depending on if you got a colt or a fily.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    That was definitely the case for Direct Scooter. As racehorses his fillies were generally pretty ordinary & so when that became well known they operated on the basis that if you got a filly you paid half what you paid if you got a colt.
    I can think of a few sires available here where you'd much rather get a colt foal but then there's one or two where a filly would be very warmly welcomed too. I kind of doubt anyone here would have the Cajones required to highlight that 'can't sire a decent filly to save himself' sort of a shortcoming by way of advertising two different fees based on the sex of the resultant foal...but who knows? We live in hope.

Member Yearling ARTOFFICIAL will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Damien Saxon
    Message from Alabar yesterday:
    "Hi, the setting of service fees has hit a hitch as we need to possibly adjust them. This is taking longer than we had hoped.
    We hope they will be set by next week. We're really sorry for this."

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Wasn't thinking of the race course results as the catalyst for a difference in fee, but perhaps a discount for a commercial breeder who's stock are destined for the sales because at the sales there certainly is a difference in the average returns

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Yep. Those are ultimately/effectively on par huh? My only fear is that officialdom might then use it as an excuse to once again avert their gaze from the issue of expanded racing opportunities for fillies and mares. That's the way some of these bozos think you know. You'd be gobsmacked by some of the ideas they get in their heads, especially where fillies & mares only racing is concerned.

aussiebreno
    TripleVs pay on live foal rumour he heard is true. http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=18540

+ Reply to Thread