Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stallion fees 2012

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina

Stallion fees 2012

Just wondering what other peoples thoughts are but i have to say that i find it very odd that we are almost at the end of June and i can't see what i will be paying for service fees this year.I've had a look around at the major studs and it's all TBA.

if anyone has any info on this i'd be happy to know as we have at least 6 maybe 7 to breed from this year.

Junior Member Weanling Kevin Dinnigan will become famous soon enough Kevin Dinnigan's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin email.Kevin.Dinnigan@Three.com.au Dinnigan
    Occupation
    Research
    Horses
    Hindu Rani. Hindu Goddess.Hindu Rama,Hin
    Hi Max.
    Yes i have looked around the studs for pricing etc, no info..hopefully the prices are the same or less than last year with the downturn in breeders breeding.
    With the 6/7 mares you are breeding this season, hopefully they match with one studs sires so you get a very big discount.
    Regards.
    KevinD

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    i think you will find the big studs releasing their prices in the next few weeks.

Surely in the current economic environment and after the bashing at the sales, prices need to be reduced...

Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    could not agree more Harvey,something needs to happen with respect to fees to make us want to continue breeding.

Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    it has been suggested to me in recent times that a number of us breeders get together and then go to the various studs and say " we have 100 mares, what are you going to offer us"...

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    PTF fees are
    $2500 Aces N Sevens (previously $2750)
    $2800 Always A Virgin (previously $3300)
    $8800 RNR Heaven
    $5000 Roll With Joe
    $5600 Sporstwriter
    $13200 Somebeachsomewhere

Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    yeah saw PTF fees about an hour after i posted but still surprised the other major studs are waiting so long,i was also hoping SBSW would have come down a bit.I remember a while back Mach Three being for memory 8000 in Canada and out here 13000,i know he's come down here but he still hasn't matched his then Canadian price and let's also remember the strength of our dollar,so even dropping the price here the north Americans are still earning very nicely just by the fact our dollar is so strong and unlikely to drop for quite a while.

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    it has been suggested to me in recent times that a number of us breeders get together and then go to the various studs and say " we have 100 mares, what are you going to offer us"...
    Breeder's have been getting together and doing this for some time just on a smaller scale, the farms will take the booking's and include conditions to the contract to cover
    themselves from mares that are not bred or are not infoal.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Max View Post
    yeah saw PTF fees about an hour after i posted but still surprised the other major studs are waiting so long,i was also hoping SBSW would have come down a bit.I remember a while back Mach Three being for memory 8000 in Canada and out here 13000,i know he's come down here but he still hasn't matched his then Canadian price and let's also remember the strength of our dollar,so even dropping the price here the north Americans are still earning very nicely just by the fact our dollar is so strong and unlikely to drop for quite a while.
    I believe Mach Three is already booked out so I can't imagine his fee coming down at all. More likely to go up if anything.

Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    I believe Mach Three is already booked out so I can't imagine his fee coming down at all. More likely to go up if anything.
    thats all well and good, but at some point the studs(and in particular the US stud owners) need to realise how bad things are in Aust at the moment.

The amount of money flowing out of the industry is mind boggling and most the US owners have not tipped a single cent back into the Aust industry...

A story of a golden goose springs to mind...

+ Reply to Thread