Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Stallion fees 2012

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    POLF certainly has a full head of steam up now with Empire announcing it for all their stallions. I think its a good idea especially for small breeders but think its only fair enough if the studs are charging a booking/usage fee for their stallions as part of the deal as they (the studs) have costs to cover as well. As they say I guess we'll find out in the fullness of time what deals are actually in the offering. The turmoil in North America is to our advantage at least in the short term but after that who knows.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    http://www.empirestallions.com/foaloption.html

It's on their website already.

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    POLF is going to be great for breeder's and a big thank's must got to Mr & Mrs James for the move.
    It will not be easy or at all possible for some to offer POLF, with most service fee payment's being made
    over 3Months Nov,Dec2012,Jan 2013 (that's a guess) they will now have to wait until Nov,Dec2013,Jan2014 holly shit
    it could be as high as 80% of there income (that's a guess).
    I could not operate for that period, with 20%income.(that's a guess).
    Last edited by Starship Captain; 07-08-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    That remains the biggest singlehanded total demolition job done a class Miracle Mile field that I have ever seen, bar none. God only knows what MR he would have returned had Menangle been in place at that time. I reckon that he'd have gone down around the low 1:48's or sub. Awesome horse, ruined racing for me for a fair while afterwards. Everything else seemed to be so pedestrian in comparison.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Alabar service fees are now on their website, including pay on live foal options
    http://www.alabar.com.au/Stallions/t...m_medium=email

Member Gelding Tangles will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mj mcmillian
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    Alabar service fees are now on their website, including pay on live foal options
    http://www.alabar.com.au/Stallions/t...m_medium=email
    Looking at the Alabar Service fee's listed, even with GST included it looks glaringly obvious that owner's of broodmare's in Aus are being overcharged by around 25% in comparision to there NZ counterparts due to the conversion of the Aussie dollar to the limp NZ dollar.
    I believe Alabar needs to explain this.
    After all if you buy a yearling from NZ you generally pay more, than for a similiar product here.
    NZ broodmare owner's are win/win Aus broodmare owner's are just getting the short end of the deal. Am I wrong with my summations or do other's feel the same?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Stud fees are usually set in agreement with the American owners of the stallion.
    To them the price is simply a figure. (Australasian dollars rather than Aust / NZ dollars.
    If they wanted to take exchange rates into account the fee would be varying by the minute.
    Australia has 10%GST included in the fee while NZ fees are the same figure with 15% GST added on.

In the washup NZ breeders pockets are emptied by an extra 5%.

When buying yearlings from NZ the exchange rate does come into effect. and $1000 nz costs an Aussie $780 from his pocket. Thus NZ yearings are cheaper for Ozzies tha Kiwis. Hence Ozzies have an advantage over Kiwis at NZ sales.. This is reflected in Sales results.

Are your summations wrong?...IMO Yes

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Yes Tony, cheaper to buy them with the exchange rate but we still have to get them here (OZ),of course if you want to race here,and this must be taken into consideration when buying,especially if your buying more than one.Transport is bloody expensive.

Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    2 true

+ Reply to Thread