Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Stallion fees 2012

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Just that he looked magnificent. There was a great deal of conjecture about the size of Heaven with many believing he was much smaller than being reported. I was not there but while not big I don't believe he is a midget.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    One thing's for sure, we're spoilt for choice here in Oz, like no other year that I can recall.
    I've found myself thinking that almost every season for the past 5 years or so but this year it is way out beyond all expectations.
    We have access to no less than...
    4 of the top 5, 8 of the top 10 and 15 of the top 20 current season US 2yo Pacing Sires, the only notable absence being Dragon Again.
    4 of the top 5, 6 of the top 10 and 14 of the top 20 current season US 3yo Pacing Sires, the notable absences-Dragon Again & Camluck.
    3 of the top 5, 5 of the top 10 and 11 of the top 20 current season US All Age Pacing Sires, the notable absences- Dragon Again & Camluck.
    Not bad. Not bad at all.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    Looks magnificent in the videos however after the open day at Peppertree all anyone could talk about was Sportwriter and whether or not Heaven is 14 hands.

[VVV] Hey Grant, they're still doing well.
    Late last week/over the weekend AAV had 3 x 30k ISS Gold winners & 1 x 10k ISS Silver winner...2 geldings (Raise The Gin in 1:53.3 & Mr Virgin in 1:53.4) a colt (Crazy Fast Speed in 1:55.1) & a filly (Dirt Diamond) in 1:53.4.
    For what it's worth, Raise The Gin's from a Direct Scooter mare, Mr Virgin's from a Real Artist mare, Crazy Fast Speed's from a Yankee Cruiser mare and Dirt Diamond's from a Sportsmaster mare.

Real Name
    Grant Train
    I happened to see as much. Solid start to a siring career and does seem a value stallion. Spoilt for choice now. Game where your never wrong and a genius if really right!

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    That's the ticket. Not always right but never in doubt.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    BTW...it seems to have thus far flown under the radar thus far but Nevele R now has frozen semen from Well Said. I think he's $8,000 POLF or thereabouts. I believe the Hanover crew are very impressed with the quality of his youngsters.

I'll tell you what's pretty funny though. Have a look at the web page.
    http://www.nevelerstud.co.nz/well-said
    That's not Well Said & Ron Pierce.
    That's a Jug winner but it's actually a picture of Shadow Play & Dave Miller.
    For years Bob used to have a picture of Precious Bunny standing in for Silk Legacy.
    Old habits die hard.
    Last edited by Triple V; 08-04-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Real Name
    Grant Train
    It certainly looks a lot brighter and drier than Well Saids LBJ!! Much better looking photo that Well Saids would be. He would appear to be priced in a tough bracket at 8k I would think. Not knocking the horse at all however if I compare him to RNRHeaven I would much rather Heaven. Heaven appears to be a much fresher newer and far more impressive sire line. Some of the Western Hanover sons deeds in Aus have been so so.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Grant

Well Said is priced in a tough bracket but then again he was a good racehorse from a strong family and at $8k i think that's good value considering he stands for $15k at Hanover Shoe Farms. Being Western Hanover's 2nd best son i think it put's him well above the Western Hanover's that have graced this part of the world before so i think if given the chance he will do a good job. Another one of Western Hanover's son's that has semen available out here is Western Ideal, when he first had semen available he was $18,700 but his fee has been lowered to $11k and i think he has done a great job in the states being the sire of Rocknroll Hanover, American Ideal and now the newcommer to Alabar Big Jim so he would be worth a go aswell.

Junior Member Yearling Nemera will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rena Johnsen
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    BTW...it seems to have thus far flown under the radar thus far but Nevele R now has frozen semen from Well Said. I think he's $8,000 POLF or thereabouts. I believe the Hanover crew are very impressed with the quality of his youngsters.

I'll tell you what's pretty funny though. Have a look at the web page.
    http://www.nevelerstud.co.nz/well-said
    That's not Well Said & Ron Pierce.
    That's a Jug winner but it's actually a picture of Shadow Play & Dave Miller.
    For years Bob used to have a picture of Precious Bunny standing in for Silk Legacy.
    Old habits die hard.
    That's the same pic as on the USTA stallion showcase so that is probably where they got it from
    Just had another look on the USTA pic and it has Well Said on the saddle pad, so I'd say it is him

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Rena

They changed pick earlier today after they were alerted that they had a pic of Shadow Play as Well Said.

+ Reply to Thread