Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Stallion fees 2012

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Hey Dallas,
    I forgot to mention that Guido's 2nd dam is by the late Barry Rose's incomparable gift to the Australian Breeding Industry, a wonderful stallion who's name...even to this very day...is spoken in reverent tones by many a Hunter Valley based Standardbred Breeder, the great Forrest Trillium. If that fact alone doesn't get you in, nothing will.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    After extensive off-season discussions with my business partners Trevor Swan & Dennis Lyle, I can now confirm that Guido, the heavily linebred to Glen Almahurst son of siring legend Whacko The Chook & the great producing mare, Baby Take Ya Teeth Out, will be standing for the same fee as last season.
    Take him down to Tassie you might get a few locals interested. And some might even send their mares to him as well.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Elephants have long memories. NSWSS.

That's a bit harsh Breno. Guido's a long time project of mine, he originally appeared as a foil to some of the ridiculously overblown Sire adverts that were put about, especially so here in NSW.
    On the other hand, Tasmania has a long history of producing top class racehorses and from the mid to late 1990's onwards we've had a lot of success with Tassie maternal families in particular. The colt in my avatar there to the left...he's from just such a family. Some of the best horsemen and women I've ever met come from Tasmania.

Here in NSW, things have changed immeasurably in recent times however without doubt and very much to its eternal shame, this State holds the undisputed record for importing more half arsed, half baked, genetic trash sires to stand stud than any other State in this Nation or New Zealand.
    There was a time when things had gotten so bad here that it appeared NSW Studmasters had individually & collectively all but destroyed the once all conquering NSW Broodmare Band...and only for the sake of a small but dedicated band of NSW based breeders who religiously sent their mares both Interstate and over to NZ to be bred to better quality sires than were available to them here at home, the NSW Broodmare Band would have been wiped out all together.
    The best thing that has ever happened in my lifetime was the cessation of the NSW Sires Stakes program & the move to a Mares Based System. The NSW Sires Stakes was a quite foolishly conceived system that presided over and supported years and years of breed destroying abject mediocrity, the quite deplorable likes of which I hope we will never...ever....see again.
    Last edited by Triple V; 06-27-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    I think Guido is the way to go Jaimie,sign me up for 7 hits!

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Of course. I had already taken the liberty of booking you in Rosario. With it being a little known fact that Graham was not only Guido's breeder but also his Trainer throughout his illustrious 1 trial career I knew you'd be back again. This is his 32nd season which poses a few management problems as these days, sometimes when he is collected...all you get is a heap of dust. I am told he and Trevor share that particular foible.

Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Haha love it!!!!!!!!!

Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    it actually was amazing to think that Stature was the best stallion or let's say the most successful stallion in NSW not that long ago compared to the high quality there is now.things have improved very quickly i'd say.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Yeh, he ended up doing a fair job too despite having a very low key/slow start. He was a peculiar horse, I remember hearing about him adopting an orphan foal there at one stage. Initially they thought he was sub fertile but they eventually found out that when nobody was around he used to get inside & out of view & root away his feed bin. By the time it came around to jumping a mare he had spilled his on the ground so to speak. Wayne Lamb was the one who straightened him out and got him rolling as I recall.
    If you really want to frighten the Hell out of yourself dig up a few old AUS/NZ Sire's Guides. When I moved about 3 years ago I filled up a couple of yellow Otto Bins with old catalogues, guides etc. that I'd collected. Many a nightmare went the way of recycling. It's also funny to look at how the standard of advertising has changed and improved over the years. Some of the Sire's adverts from the early to mid 1980's were hilarious. The claims made were nothing short of fictional in many cases. I recall an absolute beauty where the Stud concerned couldn't get hold of a winning photo of their new horse...mainly because he had won so few races and few of those were worth taking a picture of let alone keeping one...so they got hold of one of him finishing 3rd and just photo-shopped the first two horses across the line out of the pic. It was a really poorly done job too but for years apparently nobody noticed. The guy who owned and stood the horse back then was a long time, high profile Committee Member of the then VIC Breeders Association. Ah yes, the bad old days.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Max View Post
    it actually was amazing to think that Stature was the best stallion or let's say the most successful stallion in NSW not that long ago compared to the high quality there is now.things have improved very quickly i'd say.
    Panorama was pretty handy in his day as well. We have a lot to thank the internet for in being able to watch horse's race and their bloodline's, all at the click of the mouse these day's and i'm sure in day's gone by a lot of these stallion's would never have graced our shore's had we been able to access information accurately.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I think Guido must have jumped a few fences and knocked up a few of my mares . I have bred a few foals with his fine looks and ability, now I know where that came from.
    He looks like he could be a bit hard to catch. I guess thats why they leave that rope on him !!
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread