Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BETFAIR coverage starts tomorrow

buster
    thats not exactly the case, it has the ability to boost the number of punters

pools in aussie are still quite small on betfair after a few years and it doesnt look likely to get to the domination it has in the uk

Member Yearling Shakamaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Buster - Answer this

Why is it ok for Betfair to cover NZ Harness Racing and for them not to pay any product fees back to the NZ Racing Industry?

If you were in charge of the NZ TAB, wouldn't you be insisting that you should receive the same treatment as Betfair and not have to pay anything back into the Racing Industry. You could then offer better odds, put more money into customer service, have a better website, build better quality agencies.

But where would that leave the Racing Industry? The Racing Industry would die.

The rules need to be the same for all players in the betting market. Consistent fees need to be paid by all betting outlets/exchanges in order to have real competition. By all means open the market up but make sure that all betting providers are paying a fair fee back to the Industry.

nat
    These betting companies are like having your kids living at home they eat your food drink your beer watch your TV and laze around in your home ya love having them around but they don’t pay the bills. When Betfair and the like contribute to the ability for industry participants to win back some of their cost through prize money I will give a rats and might even open an account

If these companies don’t contribute back to the industries then do we really need them would we miss them no and why should they use our product for free I am a participant and it cost me annual fees every year just so I can race.

buster
    yes because the racing industry is just so strong at the moment, its just so easy to be able to get a horse that can win enough money to pay for itself....oh wait, the industry is up the shit and all everyone wants to do is jump up and down and cry about something new, the tab does nothing for the industries betterment, if it was so good and fair like you are all making out then we would be racing for 10k every day

how about someone that actually punts for a living and supplies money back to the industry every day of the year comments on this instead of some harness tragics who just repeat the crap coming out of hrnz board rooms

if the attitude on here to betfair is reflective of nz's general stance then i hope betfair doesnt pay a cent to them, it will teach you to embrace something rather then try and beat it

buster
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakamaker View Post
    Buster - Answer this

Why is it ok for Betfair to cover NZ Harness Racing and for them not to pay any product fees back to the NZ Racing Industry?

If you were in charge of the NZ TAB, wouldn't you be insisting that you should receive the same treatment as Betfair and not have to pay anything back into the Racing Industry. You could then offer better odds, put more money into customer service, have a better website, build better quality agencies.

But where would that leave the Racing Industry? The Racing Industry would die.

The rules need to be the same for all players in the betting market. Consistent fees need to be paid by all betting outlets/exchanges in order to have real competition. By all means open the market up but make sure that all betting providers are paying a fair fee back to the Industry.
    just like the ceo of betfair would want to pay a similar level of gross revenue as the tab does in aussie, which the legislation does not allow for...so who are the rules made to be fair for - the tab? or betfair?

Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    just like the ceo of betfair would want to pay a similar level of gross revenue as the tab does in aussie, which the legislation does not allow for...so who are the rules made to be fair for - the tab? or betfair?
    You didn't answer the question.

I repeat - Why is it fair for Betfair to operate on NZ Harness Racing and not to pay any fees back to the NZ Harness Racing Industry?

Real Name
    Unknown
    You need to check your facts. If you knew them you would know that the TAB pays a much higher percentage of gross revenue back to the Racing Industry in Australia than what Betfair has ever offered to pay.

On course bookmakers in Australia pay 1% of their turnover back to the Racing Industry and have gladly done so for years and years. Why then should Betfair and Corporate Bookmakers be excused from paying a similar fee - which happens to be much less than what the TAB pays? And yet Betfair and Corporate Bookmakers refuse to pay this fee and have embarked on a long and bloody legal campaign (which they lost in the NSW Supreme Court last year) to avoid paying a similar fee.

You cant argue with logic. Betfair and anyone else that wants to bet on NZ Harness Racing should be required to pay the same level of fees back to the Harness Racing Industry as what the NZ TAB does. To do otherwise is to provide Betfair and others with a major advantage in the Marketplace to the detriment of owners, trainers, drivers and breeders.

Real Name
    Unknown
    how about someone that actually punts for a living and supplies money back to the industry every day of the year comments on this instead of some harness tragics who just repeat the crap coming out of hrnz board rooms
    I don't make a living off the punt but punt regularly enough and have NZ TAB Account, a Victorian TAB account, a NSW TAB account and a Betfair Account to know what I am talking about.

I stopped using the Betfair Account for Racing purposes a few years back because I know too many participants in the Racing Industry that work their backsides off to try and stay in the sport and by betting on Betfair instead of the TAB, I was effectively robbing these participants blind.

Real Name
    Unknown
    if the attitude on here to betfair is reflective of nz's general stance then i hope betfair doesnt pay a cent to them, it will teach you to embrace something rather then try and beat it
    Why should the NZ Racing Industry embrace an organisation that uses their product and bluntly refuses to pay any money to it?

Its like embracing a thief into your home and telling them that it is ok for them to sell all of your possessions and advising that they can stay under your roof for as long as they want without paying any rent or board!

buster
    this just plain wrong, the turnover model means betfair pay a higher percentage of revenue then the tab

read any article about this, no one on either side disputes this

+ Reply to Thread