Thread: San Rafaella

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac

San Rafaella

Really interesting scenario...

I wonder where this would fall under the new guidelines issued by HRNSW.

Surely the trainer cant be held repsonsible for this

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Certainly a tricky one Harvey, I think we may need "The Mentalist" here to determine who knew what with regard to the mares "condition"!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Hollywood Hartley's RULE OF THE WEEK for mine. This is getting ridiculous. You can race on Regumate for starters so it's not a 'hormone' issue.

Real Name
    dot schmidt
    But you can under the rules only race a mare for 120 days after she conceives, Jan service date to June race wins equals more then 120.
    Of course a further "secret liason" after Jan needs to be ruled out.

Junior Member Foal ml 111 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Darren Reay
    will the mare get DQ ?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by ml 111 View Post
    will the mare get DQ ?
    While not wanting to pre empt anything that may come from enquiries into this one would expect she would be disqualified from any placings and earnings since her departure to Australia. She was last served on 19 Jan 2012 and exported to Australia 3 months later. (26 apr 2012). It is likely that she was exported to Australia to continue and improve her race record only after once again testing neg pregnant. As efforts have been made for 3 years to get this valuable mare in foal then one would expect that news of her being pregnant would be a more positive news to her owners than racing outside of the 120day limit. After all the primary focus of her owners is in breeding and to finally get this lovely mare in foal after much frustration must be a real positive.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    While not wanting to pre empt anything that may come from enquiries into this one would expect she would be disqualified from any placings and earnings since her departure to Australia. She was last served on 19 Jan 2012 and exported to Australia 3 months later. (26 apr 2012). It is likely that she was exported to Australia to continue and improve her race record only after once again testing neg pregnant. As efforts have been made for 3 years to get this valuable mare in foal then one would expect that news of her being pregnant would be a more positive news to her owners than racing outside of the 120day limit. After all the primary focus of her owners is in breeding and to finally get this lovely mare in foal after much frustration must be a real positive.
    Nice unintended pun teecee!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I reckon it'll be a SUPER-WANK if they DQ her. Ridiculous.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    I reckon it'll be a SUPER-WANK if they DQ her. Ridiculous.
    But to quote yourself Jamie....the rules is the rules is the rules, you'd remember that surely mate?

having said that, this may be one of those rules where administrators need to get their heads out of their collective arses ?? and I'm certain you remember that as well.

now that we've established that you Jamie are allowed to adopt any stance that suits you depending on who knows what ??? maybe we can have a guessing competition around what that criteria might be ....things that make you Hmmmmm.....

Real Name
    dot schmidt
    I'd imagine if it is established that she held to the 19 Jan service date then she would be DQed from all wins and places after 120 days from 19 Jan. The trainer wouldn't have to be penalised I would think if it can be established that he couldn't have know she was pregnant, similarly to positive swabs from horse eating vegetation that causes a postive. As Tee Cee said the owners are probably happy she is in foal (unless there was an unknown secret liason) which I believe are the stud so they are likely to be penalised by losing the wins for what was likely to be their mistake.

+ Reply to Thread