Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: San Rafaella

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Dot

San Rafaella's form was great before comming across from n.z so it's hard to say whether her pregnancy has inhanced her racing but i do understand your point you are making. As a guess i'd say after she was served in late January her test to see if she was infoal has come back negative which sometime's happen's so they have decided to send her over to race for better money and to get a better time next to her name before the next breeding season. Spreydon Lodge wouldn't of risked racing her if they were aware she was in foal as she has strong breeding behind her and her foal's would be worth a nice $$$$ through the yearling sale's.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Mango, I didn't intend to imply that there was an intention by the stud to race her outside of the rules just that a mistake (likely simple human error) or chain of mistakes was made which resulted in the situation that has occured now needing to be resolved. The "blooming" mares was a generalisation not directed at San Rafaella form in particular.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    San Rafaella wasn't intended to be infoal as it was very late in the season so a decision was made to do an E.T on her, she was flushed at the end of january and the embryo inserted into a surrogate mare to carry the foal which she didn't hold anyway. San Rafaella herself was tested after this procedure and recieved a negative test and that is the reason she was sent to Australia. Spreydon Lodge have also informed me if they had been aware of San Rafaella being infoal there would of been no way she would of been sent to race in Australia as they have been trying to get this mare infoal for quiet a while know.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Dot

Yes i know you didn't imply that there was any intention and sorry if that's what you thought i men't by my post, hopefully the info i have just posted will clear a few thing's up for people.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Makes sense Mango as to how it occured, still there has been a breach of the rules so will be interesting to see how it is dealt with

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Yes there has been a breach of the rule's but as there was know intention and all people where unaware i would be of the opinion it would have to be at the bottom end of a breach. What are the penalties for such a breach could anyone explain them into detail for me please.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Yes there has been a breach of the rule's but as there was know intention and all people where unaware i would be of the opinion it would have to be at the bottom end of a breach.
    Yeah would think so, feel sorry for them really in that sense but then knowing they are just happy she's pregnant makes it better!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I'd like to know why such a rule even exists in the first place????????
    I've looked high and low and it seems to me that 120 days has been plucked out of the air by a person or persons unknown and with absolutely no veterinary supported documented physiological reasoning behind the number chosen other than it being roughly at the end of a mare's 1st trimester. Absolutely %&#!ing A-B-S-U-R-D!!!!!!!!!!! There's no evidence to be found anywhere that being in foal and racing presents any risk to the foal whatsoever, in fact if anything the exercise regime is instead a good thing as far as the mare's overall health is concerned.
    Last edited by Triple V; 06-26-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Many trainers will tell you that a mare often blossums after they conceive and they can improve their form as a result. Don't know if there is a cut of point physiologically to this effect and of course there is no restriction on racing a "blooming" mare to 120 days post conception.
    [VVV] Somewhat of a moot point. Put them on Regumate (which you can freely race on) and you'll get the same result.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    I'd like to know why such a rule even exists in the first place????????
    I've looked high and low and it seems to me that 120 days has been plucked out of the air by a person or persons unknown and with absolutely no veterinary supported documented physiological reasoning behind the number chosen other than it being roughly at the end of a mare's 1st trimester. Absolutely %&#!ing A-B-S-U-R-D!!!!!!!!!!! There's no evidence to be found anywhere that being in foal and racing presents any risk to the foal whatsoever, in fact if anything the exercise regime is instead a good thing as far as the mare's overall health is concerned.
    As an aside. I remember Hilton Bonham racing a mare, unfortunately I can't remember her name, and Hilton was mystified as to why the mare was putting on weight, never thinking she could be in foal. Anyhow the mare raced at Bathurst one night, finished third, and Hilton was astounded the next morning to find the mare happily nursing a foal!
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

+ Reply to Thread