Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: San Rafaella

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Yes there has been a breach of the rule's but as there was know intention and all people where unaware i would be of the opinion it would have to be at the bottom end of a breach. What are the penalties for such a breach could anyone explain them into detail for me please.
    The relevant rule is 103b.
    It seems that swab samples taken from San Raf showed elevated steroid levels which on further analysis suggested pregnancy hence the breach of rule 103b.
    I can't find penalties in the Aussie harness rules but 103b comes under the prohibited substance section it seems.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Tony

Thanks for the info, even though the swabs were elevated as the analysis suggests was it over the limit that is allowed and if so by how far.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Question

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    The relevant rule is 103b.
    It seems that swab samples taken from San Raf showed elevated steroid levels which on further analysis suggested pregnancy hence the breach of rule 103b.
    I can't find penalties in the Aussie harness rules but 103b comes under the prohibited substance section it seems.
    [VVV] I reckon that's insane Tony. I can't for the life of me work out how a naturally occurring female hormone, one that is produced as the result of pregnancy can also be deemed a prohibited substance?
    I keep waiting for the spooky music to start up & for Vic Morrow or the great Rod Serling to pop out from behind a tree. This has to be an episode of The Twilight Zone surely?

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    If rule 103b is part of the prohibited substances rules I stand the season at stud.

Not that there will be any mares too interested.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Mango I don't think the steroid profile is the problem, it just indicated pregnancy. Given that its June and stud season is pretty much over by mid January other then as the result of an ilicit liason she had to be pregnant for more then the 120 days permitted by the rules when the test indicated she was pregnant. The breech I should imagine will be for the 120 days not for a prohibited substance.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    If rule 103b is part of the prohibited substances rules I stand the season at stud.

Not that there will be any mares too interested.
    [VVV] That's not what I've heard.
    Mr. Bill, Mr. Bill...would you like another Orion Premium with your Prawn Laksa?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    I am confused by the way the rules of Racing in Oz are set out.
    Suggest you search rule 103b under HRA website and look to the links coming from that search.
    From my reading the threshold for the steroid determining pregnancy is 55mcg / litre in urine.

For the benefit of the..... rules http://www.harness.org.au/vsearch.cfm?rules

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    You're not the only one Tony.
    The way some of them are written appears to me to leave them wide open to an assault by a Lionel Hutz style 'Law Talkin' Guy'...ala Geoff Small's successful & now legenedary... 'blood is not part of the cardiovascular system' defence.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    That was a real joke, but an even better one then you think- one of the expert witness's for the defence described himself as a doctor in a branch of medicine that doesn't exist!

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    You're not the only one Tony.
    The way some of them are written appears to me to leave them wide open to an assault by a Lionel Hutz style 'Law Talkin' Guy'...ala Geoff Small's successful & now legenedary... 'blood is not part of the cardiovascular system' defence.
    The only problem of course being that the blood system, is listed in many racing rules as a separate system, and wait it is now in the Australian rules as well, what is that saying about a gate and a bolting horse.

+ Reply to Thread