Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: US Broodmare Sales

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith

Question US Broodmare Sales

Hello Hello,

I live in Australia and am interested in purchasing a nicely bred broodmare to bring over here. Could someone please let me know which are the best broodmare sales to attend in the US.

Regards,

Sue

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Hi Sue,
    Standardbred Horse Sales Company http://www.theblackbook.com/index.html
    Murray M. Brown General Manager, Vice President his contact- mbrown@hanoverpa.com
    He is a good guy and will help you out as much as he can.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Sue
    There's a yearling going through the melbourne sunday sale lot 239 it's all american blood and i think it would be worth a look.

buster
    9 foals for no decent horses?

seems an expensive way to buy a mare with transport unless your going to spend 100k on the mare

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Its already in Australia so know big transport costs, mare has since had another winner in 56 and one of her daughters has had one in 59 and won $75,000 in n.z and another who is a 2yr old in n.z has had 3 starts for a win in 57.9 and a place which is not on the sale page.

buster
    hunter franco has been a nice producer so far, heard they knocked back 200k for franco hemmingway
    hasana franco is pretty average horse, won at menangle so fast time is assured

transport costs were the mare coming from the us to here

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Its a yearling in the Melbourne sunday sale lot 239 go to apgold.com.au and watch her video looks like a big filly.

Member Filly BenScadden will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    I'd recommend heading to Harrisburg ... but you'll have to wait until November. I'd also say it's worth the plane flight over there to make your own assessments.
    In my opinion, it's a false economy to buy a mare that's very well bred but poorly conformed.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Ben
    Just a question are you saying the yearling i mentioned is poorly conformed and since the video of the apg yearlings have gone online has the interest in your yearling picked up.

buster
    what if a poorly conformed mare was well bred because she was a good horse and has thrown good horses despite conformation?

ie, i have a small mare and she has thrown small horses but have had big motors

+ Reply to Thread