Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria Derby

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterK View Post
    So has it already started or not?
    would be keen to have a go if it hasnt
    Hasnt started mate, post your stable in my thread or private message it to me.

Flashing Red
    When does it close? Could I get them in tomorrow?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    When does it close? Could I get them in tomorrow?
    Yeah tomorow is fine - just get it in before the first Derby heat! I'll go add that in the thread now.

nat
    Are these name alterations for NZ horses getting out of hand EMPIRIFIC NZ (EMPYREAN NZ) for example surley they could have NZT for NZ Trained then if they are exported to stay in OZ maybe alter it in someway. Gees if your not tunned in and on the general punter wouldnt know these horse or be able look them up even if you have been watchin NZ racing on Sky not even a late name change listed in the race fields anymore. What will happen if EMPYREAN NZ was to win the Derby a horse with 2 names one in OZ EMPIRIFIC NZ and one in NZ EMPYREAN NZ what a joke cannot wait to see if Ima Blacks A Fake or Our Ronerail wins the Inter Dominion this year.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    Are these name alterations for NZ horses getting out of hand EMPIRIFIC NZ (EMPYREAN NZ) for example surley they could have NZT for NZ Trained then if they are exported to stay in OZ maybe alter it in someway. Gees if your not tunned in and on the general punter wouldnt know these horse or be able look them up even if you have been watchin NZ racing on Sky not even a late name change listed in the race fields anymore. What will happen if EMPYREAN NZ was to win the Derby a horse with 2 names one in OZ EMPIRIFIC NZ and one in NZ EMPYREAN NZ what a joke cannot wait to see if Ima Blacks A Fake or Our Ronerail wins the Inter Dominion this year.
    I think Empyrean has had an actual name change - meaning that when it goes back to NZ will race as Empirific.
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 01-28-2011 at 03:15 PM.

nat
    Hi aussie

My mistake on that one have tired eyes (maybe brain), they did list them all once no matter how small a change I think they shouldn't alter them unless they are exported and have them noted in some other way especially now we have a lot of international live racing.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    Hi aussie

My mistake on that one have tired eyes (maybe brain), they did list them all once no matter how small a change I think they shouldn't alter them unless they are exported and have them noted in some other way especially now we have a lot of international live racing.
    Not necisarily your mistake, could well go back to NZ and race as Empyrean, im just going off harness website where it says Emprific (Late Empyrean). I've seen that done with Australian horses - for an example McRaes Mate used to be called something else for its first couple of starts.
    I really don't get the reasoning changing some horses names. The Australian Sleepy Tripp hasnt raced for 20 years so why he needs to go by The Sleepy Tripp is stupidity. Then Our Sir Vancelot - there hasnt even been a Sir Vancelot so why he had to change is beyond me.

nat
    That's sort of my thinking about this, there is a 3yld called EMPYREAN (Bettors Delight from Heavenly Silver) in OZ but its not NZ bred. but then again if the NZ horse changes it name back when returning to NZ and did win what a conundrum for both connections of these horses and the general public over names

triplev123
    There was another kiwi bred horse back in the mid to late 1980's named Sir Vance. Jim O'Sullivan had him in VIC initially, a very good 2yo (unlucky not to win the Tatlow) & exceptional 3yo he was (won 8 or 9 straight including a Sires Classic). Eventually the horse ended up in QLD as a 10yo+ racing around Tweed Heads in against other similarly clapped out old codgers. Glory days though, when he was a juvenile he was very, very good.

triplev123
    A quick look at the VIC Derby Heats from a Sires & Damsires perspective.

Sires
    Bettor's Delight 9
    Art Major & Christian Cullen 4
    Life Sign 2
    1 each to Falcon Seelster, Dawn Ofa New Day, Artsplace, Big Tom, Blissfull Hall, Grinfromeartoear, So That's Life, Courage Under Fire, Aces N Sevens and Elsu.

Broodmare Sires
    Armbro Operative 3
    In The Pocket, What's Next, Soky's Atom, Live Or Die, Safely Kept and Troublemaker 2 each.
    1 each to Falcon Seelster, Classic Garry, Christian Cullen, Caprock, Equitable, Beach Towel, Pacific Rocket, Fake Left, Village Jasper, No Nukes, Totally Ruthless, Sands A Flyin, Presidential Ball and Windshield Wiper.
    Last edited by triplev123; 01-28-2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: missed one

+ Reply to Thread