Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Drug Testing alone catch or stop DRUG cheats? - Richard Freedman on TripleM Radio

Member Filly tyson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tyson Jones
    Horses
    Scrap Art, Shezarascal, Franco Torro
    Do they do out of race testing ? I know they come around and check out your fridge.

I don't see how you could do out of race testing properly. You can use all types of medications during training periods and the horse that gets tested may be 10 weeks away from racing.

How could you regulate those type of situations.

Banned Gelding racefair will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jett Miller
    "It has created the illusion that there is some independent oversight" David Landa, former integrity auditor for Greyhound Racing NSW.
    See today's Sun Herald page 5. http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/nsw-racing...714-2230l.html
    This is a really interesting read from someone overseeing a similar sport.

mark diegutis
    Quote Originally Posted by tyson View Post
    Do they do out of race testing ? I know they come around and check out your fridge.

I don't see how you could do out of race testing properly. You can use all types of medications during training periods and the horse that gets tested may be 10 weeks away from racing.

How could you regulate those type of situations.
    Hi Tyson . Out of race testing is the ONLY way to stop the top cheats . Their use of steroids and EPO can only be picked up at their stables . Blood testing is readilly avaliable to these scum sucking pigs so they know if their horses will return a positive , so they just scratch them . The Stewards and associated integrity persons have to be smarter when planning their swabbing and it really isn't that difficult . They have a couple of things in their advantage and they are that the filthy pigs will target big races , they know or have a good idea on who is using drugs , they have a good idea on what they are using and how long they need to get a negative swab and what horses will probably be given help . Put all that together and you have a great chance of catching them or at least making them run the gauntlet . Any one of us could do that job and we don't have access to the information avaliable to the stewards . Put pressure on these sub human parisites by making them hand over their vet and blood testing records . Arrive at 2 am at their stables and take blood from any horses in work . Put fear into these bastards .
    Unfortunately Tyson , this can only work if someone is actually out to catch them .

Senior Member Colt Lethal is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Lee Balmer
    Mark, what you say is the correct business model, that is to be PROACTIVE in pursuit of your ideals, not reactive. Unfortunately it has never occurred to our regulatory bodies.

mark diegutis
    Hi Lee . Your dead right . We must become PROACTIVE if we want change . We have had tons of support from 3 different states but instead of everyone thumping their fists on the table we need to find out just how many angry participants there are and just how powerfull this group has the potential to become . We can start off by partitioning the authority , studs and race clubs and if we have enough support go as far as boycotting meetings and punting . If we get enough support we will start a web page up , so I ask for anyone willing , respond to this post , let me know or private message me .
    Last edited by mark diegutis; 07-16-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Junior Member Weanling roosters will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John-Paul King
    Hi Mark

I am totally committed to drug free racing but unsure as to how you can say "I believe that most of our group races here and in New Zealand were won by cheats".

You are obviously aware of things that the majority of people are not.

Are you able to provide a list of those trainers who are cheats pls?

Banned Gelding racefair will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jett Miller
    Quote Originally Posted by roosters View Post
    Hi Mark

I am totally committed to drug free racing but unsure as to how you can say "I believe that most of our group races here and in New Zealand were won by cheats".

You are obviously aware of things that the majority of people are not.

Are you able to provide a list of those trainers who are cheats pls?
    The rules of this forum won't allow him to roosters. See post #3 by Dan who is a trainer and look around at all of the anecdotal evidence. Do your own research and ask trainers who know what's possible in terms of improvement in a limited time space. Google Boldenone Harness Racing for a few recent examples.

Real Name
    John-Paul King
    Maybe Im naive, but with all the testing going on, surely these trainers would be getting caught out and be suspended for a lengthy period?

mark diegutis
    Quote Originally Posted by roosters View Post
    Maybe Im naive, but with all the testing going on, surely these trainers would be getting caught out and be suspended for a lengthy period?
    Hi John . These cheats know exactly how to get their horses to the track with the use of these drugs without getting a positive . The 30 or so that have been caught are blokes just trying to keep up and they can't . Lance Armstrong got away with it since 1996 and they have only detected the masking agent which , beleive it or not , was a form of EPO which masks the use of other drugs after 24 hours . So they have to be caught working up on these drugs or straight after a booster shot .

Real Name
    John-Paul King
    so what you seem to be saying is just about every trainer is cheating, but not all have been caught yet...

According to you, are there any trainers not cheating?

based on what you have said, i would imagine they must be the ones who are not winning races

+ Reply to Thread