Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Can Drug Testing alone catch or stop DRUG cheats? - Richard Freedman on TripleM Radio

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    That's a cop out Dot. Pick up a rifle and stand at Post. It's not too difficult a concept to come to grips with. Don't take the easy road and leave the foaling down to someone else. See how good you are when one gets into trouble or out of the blue a foal starts to go down hill. You can't press the pause button and go and make a cup of tea and think about it for a bit, you can't take a 50/50 or ask Eddie if you can phone a friend. It doesn't work that way but then again, perhaps I'm being unreasonable. How would you know? Someone else does all that for you.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    That's a cop out Dot. Pick up a rifle and stand at Post. It's not too difficult a concept to come to grips with. Don't take the easy road and leave the foaling down to someone else. See how good you are when one gets into trouble or out of the blue a foal starts to go down hill. You can't press the pause button and go and make a cup of tea and think about it for a bit, you can't take a 50/50 or ask Eddie if you can phone a friend. It doesn't work that way but then again, perhaps I'm being unreasonable. How would you know? Someone else does all that for you.
    Now VVV that is funny, seriously funny you've given me a great laugh! 30 years as an Air Traffic Controller and now someone tells me that I can't handle pressure, multi task or make descisions upon which lives depend. At least you've left me with my spatial awareness, you know the ability to know that I cant be in two places at once.

PS I am the phone a friend for a couple of my friends that foal down their own mares.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    That's called a God complex, Dot.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Austin Misfud and Phillip Walters have both been given lengthty suspensions for out of competition drug tests Mifsud 4 years and Walters 3 years 6 months.
    Source harness .org.au stewards wrap.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Austin Misfud and Phillip Walters have both been given lengthty suspensions for out of competition drug tests Mifsud 4 years and Walters 3 years 6 months.
    Source harness .org.au stewards wrap.
    And that is what out of competition testing should be all about ... not so sure the penalties are high enough but it is more than a slap on the wrist.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Could not agree more VOR. That is the reason why it is in place. It is however not in place...despite the disturbing beliefs expressed by the inhabitants of the lunatic fringe...to jam up honest Trainers for using a range of legal, registered, accepted equine treatments that may have been administered at any point during the training phase. Thankfully both Administration & Regulatory can clearly see the difference.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Dot, I object to the inferences within that, they are nothing short of deplorable, even by your well established low standards. Either modify or delete it...because if you do not, rest assured, I'll take it further.

Real Name
    dot schmidt
    edited as a previous post has now been deleted
    Last edited by dizzy; 08-29-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Real Name
    dot schmidt
    [QUOTE=Triple V;21888]
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

[VVV] G'day Dan,
    Mate, it's not ignorance, rather it's just a common misnomer.
    I guess you could call them any number of things other than any name that suggests or states that they actually 'mask' the presence of another substance..because they do not. Interference agents perhaps?
    That being said, rather than such substances being the main reason to point to as to why anyone who chose to walk down that road might continue to skate by on testing, there is another far more likely Boogey Man lurking in the bushes.
    It is a fact that completely unrelated types of drugs which nevertheless have completely like pharmacological effects can be administered to horses in micro doses. This is termed 'stacking'...a process whereby such drugs are effectively 'stacked' one atop of the other in order to achieve the desired result that otherwise a full dose of any single one of them would have achieved...only by way of having been 'stacked'... individually none of them will be present in a large enough amounts to cause a positive test to occur.
    To put it in very simple terms...you can for example, as a Human, decide to take small doses of Panadol, Aspirin and Nurofen and do it all at the same time in order to achieve an overall pain killing/anti-inflamatory effect...while chemically speaking each of those drugs is completely unrelated to the other two. US & CAN Vets have been doing this with both equine related & I guess various other drugs for quite some time.
    To some degree I think our testing regime is different here and I suspect it might well pick up at least some attempts at this practice...however I'm sure you get the picture.
    Nevertheless, and without going so far as to put a blue print on here of how to be a dodgy bastard insofar as adopting the practice here, a Vet of similar dodgy views and with some reasonable insight into how to apply it could get any horse tuned up, no problems at all.
    Like all such things, I suspect it all depends on what you are willing to pay in order to do so and how bent the Vet is. Fortunately here in Australia, at least to my knowledge, bent Vets are few & far between. That is far from being the case in the US however.
    PS. This is what the authorities in NJ & NY are suggesting Lou Pena's Vet/s has/have been doing.

This is a post written by VVV it appeared on page three as post 26

Apologies Danno for it appearing at first glance that you wrote it.

VVV you demonstrate clear knowledge here on the practice of "stacking" drugs in such a manner as to avoid detection in a drug test? whilst the specific example you list is with regard to over the counter medication in humans you go on to state that vets in the US and CAN have been doing this with equine related and other drugs for years. Research on the internet gives copious information on the stacking of anabolic steroids for human athletes along with the use of EPO

Are these the equine related and other drugs that the vets you refer to in the US and CAN are using? If this practice is prevelant in the US why do you not think we should take measures to stop it occurring here? Why are you opposed to placing anabolic steroids on the list of banned substances in out of competition testing here?
    Last edited by dizzy; 08-29-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Could not agree more VOR. That is the reason why it is in place. It is however not in place...despite the disturbing beliefs expressed by the inhabitants of the lunatic fringe...to jam up honest Trainers for using a range of legal, registered, accepted equine treatments that may have been administered at any point during the training phase. Thankfully both Administration & Regulatory can clearly see the difference.
    VVV care to provide the names of those legal registered accepted equine treatments?

+ Reply to Thread