Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Drug Testing alone catch or stop DRUG cheats? - Richard Freedman on TripleM Radio

Senior Member Colt Lethal is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Lee Balmer
    Hi Mark,
    Some people will never get IT, just like the ongoing problems within the catholic church.
    You probably know that Lance Armstrong has never said that he did NOT take any drugs. He always states that 'I have never failed a drug test'
    The only way that illegal practices can be stamped out is with the combined will of all Australian states working collectively and putting up the money to do same. Can you see it really happening? or just our authorities paying the usual 'lip service'.

mark diegutis
    G'day Lee . It is definately achievable . It would take a determination from each state and New Zealand . We've seen some unbelievable performances here and in NZ and if you look at those performances they are usually linked to a proven cheat . If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck . I don't think that it would cost so much more . Its just about being smarter , but yes , all of the authorities would have to co operate and want to stamp out drug cheats . I'm not sure that they want to .

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    [QUOTE=mark diegutis;21893]
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    [VVV] There are no such things as masking agents.

Hi Jaimie . We recently had a meeting with the president of the Australian Anti Doping Council {ASADA} . The recent downfall of Lance Armstrong was only because they detected the masking agent used . More will come out soon . Micro dosing is used to mask the use of drugs . This inclides the use of EPO to mask the presence of other drugs . This is from a guy who is on the board of the World Anti Doping Council and was a part of the team that brought down Lance Armstrong . He used the term "masking agent" . I'll take his word for it .
    [VVV] G'day Mark,
    Of course old mate is going to use that term as, come to think of it, are any and virtually all such persons that are connected with the drug testing agencies and/or the labs they employ.
    This they do because instead of coming clean & exposing the shortcomings of their current testing...it instead gives them & their Labs an 'out' for each & every time the villains get out ahead of the current regimes and detection procedures...which unfortunately at the very cutting edge of it all is, I suspect, going to be pretty much all the time.
    The 'masking agents' routine is a complete & utter furphy...and coming from people who for sure know better, it is rankly disingenous on their part to run with that public line. It is their way of covering up what they knwo for sure & certain, what most casual observers suspect & that which everyone who chooses to walk that road already knows...they (the testing agencies) are virtually always playing catch up football.

Re: Lance Armstrong...that goes to the very heart of what I've just said above.
    What you are seeing with these anti-doping agencies is in fact shameless positioning and rampant arse covering to the point of feverishness...just in case he is found beyond doubt to have been giving himself a lift and for years and years and they are exposed as having repeatedly missed it.
    At the core it really has got little or nothing to do with Armstrong per se and instead all to do with the multi-billion dollar international industry that is & that surrounds drug testing. Like Ben Johnson before him, Armstrong's just the very latest of their Pawns to be moved around the board.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Hi Mark,
    Some people will never get IT, just like the ongoing problems within the catholic church.
    You probably know that Lance Armstrong has never said that he did NOT take any drugs. He always states that 'I have never failed a drug test'
    The only way that illegal practices can be stamped out is with the combined will of all Australian states working collectively and putting up the money to do same. Can you see it really happening? or just our authorities paying the usual 'lip service'.
    [VVV] G'day Lee,
    Drug Testing in Sport has become the latest and it is verging on...if it is not already...the greatest Cash Cow ever for so many Agencies world wide that it is staggering.
    A person could not be blamed for being extremely cynical of the whole thing insofar as it has somewhat of an every day horse related parallel in the rather cynical ongoing production & development specs for Horse Wormers.
    I've absolutely no doubt that stone cold killer 100% effective, scorched earth style horse wormers could be developed & sold which would virtually wipe-out every single God damned worm in your horse/on your property...but why would they do it? Where would that leave their ongoing marketplace?
    While I don't for one minute advocate just throwing our hands in the air & doing nothing as far as testing goes, the ongoing push for Racing to spend more & more $ on drug testing is in fact being funded and punted along behind the scenes/lobbied for by...you guessed it...the many & varied agencies who stand to benefit most from it's horizons being ever broadening. Dig around behind the scenes. The Lobbyists present in Canberra for these agencies are 'clout wise' at least the equal of those there for Mining, Big Tobacco, High Tech etc etc.
    If we as an Industry spent $$$ on other ways of fighting the battle...for instance on intelligence aimed at identifying & shutting down the multitude of corridors through which various legal & illegal substances flow into the hands of whoever it is that might be under suspicion, surely that would be just as if not more effective at a grass roots level? How many times over the years have you seen a horse come up positive for a drug, the possession of which would land you or I in the Cop shop...or that is a highly restricted prescription only medication, only to see the person concerned disqualified and that's all she wrote? How about asking the question as to how they came to be in possession of whatever it is...or if not then asking the relevant authorities to do so on the Industry's behalf? It's not brain surgery. Perhaps the Testing Industry Lobbyists already have us too securely in their long-term parasitic grasp?

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by doinmabest View Post
    Mark,

I am sorry if you found my comments in relation to Luke Mccarthy driving 3 group 1 winners as offensive.
    Under the rules, whether they be right or wrong, he was permitted to drive and participate in that day on a stay of proceedings. In the excitement of calling group one races I may of gone off in saying what I did but they were not designed to offend you or anyone else....
    Trainers have been using anabolic steroids for years there is a legitimate veterinary use for them in animal recovery the substance Luke was found guilty of using has been around for years sure testing procedures have improved ... so as VVV says catch up football and we have caught up when they first started to find it it was thought it hung around for about 42 days that rolled out to 56 then to 72 truth is no one bloody knows, because it can and has been proven to fluctuate. labeling Luke Mc Carthy a drug cheat on one positive to a substance that many vets would still prescribe in certain circumstances is simply bloody overkill and to have a crack at the media for talking up the leading trainer driver for winning group one races well that is just laughable.

Some of you need to one of two things, get a life or adapt to living in the real world.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    Trainers have been using anabolic steroids for years there is a legitimate veterinary use for them in animal recovery the substance Luke was found guilty of using has been around for years sure testing procedures have improved ... so as VVV says catch up football and we have caught up when they first started to find it it was thought it hung around for about 42 days that rolled out to 56 then to 72 truth is no one bloody knows, because it can and has been proven to fluctuate. labeling Luke Mc Carthy a drug cheat on one positive to a substance that many vets would still prescribe in certain circumstances is simply bloody overkill and to have a crack at the media for talking up the leading trainer driver for winning group one races well that is just laughable.

Some of you need to one of two things, get a life or adapt to living in the real world.
    [VVV] "That's going straight to the Pool Room". Well said VOR, well said.

Senior Member Colt Lethal is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Lee Balmer
    Just wondering which word exactly, in the statement 'DRUG FREE RACING' some people seem to have difficulty comprehending?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    do people think there is a difference between BANNED substances eg EPO, ITPP, Meth and therapuetic substances which are legal but have a withholding period eg. Bute

This is about to become a major issue courtesy of what is happening in NZ. The article on Harnesslink is a very interesting read

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Just wondering which word exactly, in the statement 'DRUG FREE RACING' some people seem to have difficulty comprehending?
    [VVV] Similarly Lee, I'm continually left wondering why it is that so many people continue to have such extreme difficulty in delineating those which are officially accepted/designated equine therapeutic substances from those substances which are straight up without question nefarious & should never ever be found in any horse at any stage...such as Methamphetamine, EPO & so on???????
    You would seemingly seek to deal to the bloke with a therapeutic Bute overage in the exact same fashion as you would deal to a bloke with a horse that returns a positive to Aranesp or Cocaine or perhaps one of Granny's dimentia meds.
    You and your tar & feather them all and then burn them at the stake cohorts need to secure some sort of a grip on reality here.
    In that respect the scale of punishments that was recently released by HRNSW is equally ridiculous by way of the clear top to bottom compression in sentences.
    What was it again?.....1st offence 12 months for a Bute overage, 1st offence 5 years for EPO?
    Give me a &%$#ing break.
    What head buried up their own clacker worked those out & thought they were in any way reasonable?
    Jesus wept profusely.
    How about stretching them out a fair bit fellas?
    How about 3 months 1st offence for a Bute overage based on quantified testing of same in relation to published thresholds and 10 years straight up 1st offence for EPO & similar?
    Nah, of course not...that would make too much sense.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by mark diegutis View Post
    Hi Jaimie . I'm not pissed off at anything Blake has done . In fact if it wasn't for Blake our horse would never had made it to the races . I sanctioned his drive . Nothing I have said on this forum has anything to do with our horse or his performances . I have been carefull not to bring our horse into any of my comments . I can't respond to the rest of your post as I will be banned . Thanks

[VVV] Fair enough. You were dead unlucky there today Mark. He gets the space, he wins the race, that's exactly what I was on about before, sat cold leaders back following a hot pace and he would have killed them had he gotten out. You'd have thought that in a close on 1/4 mile stretch a lane would've opened up somewhere. Backed him, thought he could win it with that kind of a trip. Blake drove him a treat.

+ Reply to Thread