Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: From the mouths of babes

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

From the mouths of babes

On my way out to feed up this morning with daughter number 2 (7yrs) in the passenger seat reading out aloud from , of all things, an old book about the history of harness racing that she has taken a recent liking to. The piece she was working her way through was about the racing career great Bret Hanover & his trainer, Frank Ervin and every so often Ervin's decisions were described as 'the horseman did this' or 'the horseman did that' and so on.
    "The horseman...." she said. "I know what a horseman is Dad". "He is the one that has all sorts of worries about the horses and what they are doing and sometimes he gets kicked or bitten but it's ok and he also has a broom to keep the barn tidy and pick up all the poop and stuff".

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    That sounds like me.
    I must be a horseman....even if some think I'm something else!!!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    I'm a ho(a)rseman too on them grounds!

My daughter rolls down every nite bout feed time. Usually wants ice creams or some other snack I got stashed in shed somewhere. Other night said she wanted bit of carrot as I was cutting them up to put in feed. Quietly disappeared with it. Next night same thing. Next night as soon as she appeared gates started rattling (like the Melbourne 2012 quake). She wanted more carrot so gave her some but this time very secretivly followed her. She at gate handing up carrots to foals.

"But dad she asked me for one and she did say please so I had to get her one"

+ Reply to Thread