Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 65k Pa SS 2yo c & g- BIG day for Christian Cullen @ The Meadows

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Thumbs up 65k Pa SS 2yo c & g- BIG day for Christian Cullen @ The Meadows

Earlier today, from 2 starters...

Race 2- Good Day Mate (2yo c, Christian Cullen-Stienam's Place-Artsplace) Dave Palone for Chris Oakes, home by 2 & a piece in 1:52.3 (which was a new Stakes record) over a pair of Somebeachsomewhere's.

Race 10- Lex Vegas (2yo g, Christian Cullen- Just Call Me Angel- Artsplace) Dave Palone for Brian Brown, home in 1:53.0 over a Western Terror and a Somebeachsomewhere.

To go with Handsoffmycupcake (2yo f, Christian Cullen- Love You Forty-Artsplace) who won a 65k PaSS by 2 in 1:53.3 @ The Meadows back on the 14th of July.

Largely against the odds (good mares but not that many mares, no great buyer buzz/interest at the sales etc) he's knocking them over.
    Last edited by Triple V; 07-22-2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: spelling +added a bit

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    This is from a post I made in August 2007 on another forum. One of many discussions with John Celli regarding the merit of CC.
    I do hope that John bred some mare to him in NA.

One never knows when and where the next Meadow Skipper or Abercrombie will come from and there are still many opportunities for the No Nukes sireline to throw up an outstanding sire that will take that sireline forward into the future but IMO, on the whole, sons of Western Hanover and Jate Lobell have missed the target. I realise that is a very broad statement but the momentum currently appears to be very much with the Cam Fella and Abercrombie sirelines. Maybe Rocknroll Hanover is the horse that turns that around.
    Actually, I believe that the next truly great sire has already been born but it remains to be seen if he can create a sireline that follows him, especially since he was born into the "wrong" part of the world. Had Christian Cullen been bred and raced in North America I think he would now be the leading sire in the world.

Rgds
    Trevor

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Good Day Mate is a half brother to Put On A Show who is a RNR Hanover mare and has gone 1:49.3 and won over $2.1mil, very nice family and i hope he keeps winning for connection's.

Good Day Mate went through the Lexington Sale Lot 76 and was knocked down for $170k.
    Last edited by mango; 07-23-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Junior Member Foal Lexvegas will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Cr Taylor

Lex vegas

All three of the 2 year olds are out of artsplace mares

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    seems to be a good cross as our filly "The Archduchess" is out of a mare by Perfect Art and is the best foal out of the family so far by about $270000,but i believe, and this is only my opinion that CC is the best stallion we've seen for a long time bar none,from smaller books of mares over the last few years he continually gets top earners.Champion racehorse Champion Sire!!!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    A remarkable horse. We bred our best mare to him in what was his 2nd crop on the basis of him being the best racehorse we'd ever seen in the modern era in this part of the world & when a great many of the experts here & in NZ were suggesting that as a sire he would turn out to be another Popular Alm.
    I recall rather fondly that one well known NZ breeding scribe (who doesn't like to be reminded these days) was in fact so convinced of the great horse's impending & inevitable failure as a sire he stated of Christian Cullen's 1st crop to the early trials/races 'They are dogs...if not fleas'. No sooner had the ink dried on that all-time great wrong call than they duly swept aside anything & everything placed in their path.
    I'm really interested to see how they turn out as broodmares as the years pass.
    You would have to think the athleticism he left in so many of his offspring will carry his daughters a long way in the breeding barn.

Senior Member Colt Lethal is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Lee Balmer
    Talking about Popular Alm....wasn't his parentage a bit suss, it's a long time ago but I do remember the 'stable gossip'.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I can't recall ever hearing anything about him Lee. There was however a lot of talk years ago about Maori's Idol actually having been sired by the trotting sire, Bank Note & not the pacing sire, Ike Frost. That's one that I do remember. A lot of old timers reckoned he even looked a lot like Bank Note which didn't help matters much. Who knows.

Senior Member Colt Lethal is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Lee Balmer
    Back in 'The Good Old Bad Ol'e Days' how would anyone have ever known, but how many sires received a boost in their services only to produce duds?
    Some of the 'stats' still available probably suggest that was the case.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Blanket DNA Testing was the best thing that ever happened for the Breeding side of the business. The fun and games some people got up to prior to that coming in would have made your hair turn white and fall out.

+ Reply to Thread