Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Flying (boring) K

Member Filly tyson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tyson Jones
    Horses
    Scrap Art, Shezarascal, Franco Torro

The Flying (boring) K

I watched a couple of the flying K races on monday while sitting in the cold down at the Pinjarra trots. They were very boring races and half the horses weren't even competitve over the 1000M. One thing i thought would of came out of the races being over that distance would be close finishes, but horses were struggling up the straight...... Plus the dog numbers looked crap!!!!

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Yes I agree. The whole ill-thought series was a blight and an embarrassment to the NSW harness industry.

The sooner this whole stupid concept is flushed down the toilet , where it belongs , the better. I have not heard even one positive comment from those I have spoken to. Over the last few weeks while this rubbish was taking place on Mondays I have not come across one person who has waged even a dollar or bothered wasting their time with this crap :-(

Certain persons close to the industry are more than a little bothered that this nonesense ever saw the light of day.

BTW did you get it that I am against this totally :-)
    Last edited by David Summers; 07-26-2012 at 02:04 AM.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Angry Maybe one diamond in the compost heap?

The one & only thing I thought was a significant improvement were the larger saddle cloth numbers. MUCH BETTER. If anything they should take a crack at making them even bigger again if possible.
    As for the Dishlicker colour scheme with another large number on the driver's back...that was nothing more than plagiarism being passed off as innovation and perpetrated by some brain dead tosser or group thereof down at Ultimo upon who's list/s of key objectives for the year was 'come up with innovative ideas'. For mine, it merely serves to underline just how totally bereft of ideas & talent they are down there.
    HOWEVER if they were to extend the colour scheme to the saddle cloth along with the large numbers and leave it at that, I can live with it.
    Racing over 1000m is also a double fisted wank carried out in a savage fashion because, as I mentioned in a related thread, if as opposed to the 1:08-9-10 it requires to go the 1000m....the extra 48-49-50 seconds it takes them to pace out a mile is the difference between maintaining the casual Punter's interest and not doing so...then we may as well all pack up and go home now. I don't believe it...as Rosario noted a day or two back and I totally agree with him...I have rarely if ever heard anyone in any TAB anywhere complain about the distance of a race. Form or lackthereof, yes. Other aspects, not much if ever.

On that score THE NSW TAB DOES AN ABSOLUTELY APPALLING JOB OF SEEING TO IT THAT THE FORM FOR EVERY SINGLE HARNESS RACING MEETING IS PROPERLY AND EXTENSIVELY AND PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED IN EACH AND EVERY VENUE THAT OFFERS THEIR SERVICES AS A TAB, PUBTAB OR CLUBTAB.
    If I had a dollar for every time I've walked into any one of the above venues and found 4/5ths of sweet FA on offer by way of Harness Racing Form I'd be living in Monaco next door to Mick Doohan.

Instead of aiming up on that which you perceive to be the shortcomings of Harness Racing as a wagering product...HOW ABOUT TAKING A LOOK AT YOURSELVES FELLAS?
    I know full well that you blokes read this stuff.

You have reapeatedly failed this Industry at every step of the way& for more years than I care to remember and yet you blokes have the astonishing hide to turn around and complain about lessening turnover...which by way of your long-term apathy re: the availability of form, is that to which you extensively contribute.

How about getting some Reps together and getting them off their arses and out there into the real world, get them into the TAB and the PUBTAB and CLUBTAB outlets and get them to prevail upon those places to actually PUT THE FORM UP and then make sure they do so and monitor same on an ongoing basis.

That'd be a start...don't you think?

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    i'm also pretty sure i read somewhere that Michael Radley over in Perth (which is my favorite racing by the way) said that he thought it was a good idea and the colours looked nice,COLOURS LOOKED NICE.......geez give me a break please!!!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Interior decorating & Hayes goes the Pork Chop

The colours...looked nice? Jesus wept profusely. A likeable fella is M. Radley but having been a Catching Pen talking head there for a while, in my book he will always be under some level of suspicion as Dishlicker stooge. Spare us the interior decorating angle Mick, please. It is already enough of an affront.
    Incidentally, it should also be noted that right on cue there @ Menangle on Monday arvo Hayes duly went the Big ol' Pork Chop about how good it was, how the Trainers all liked the concept, how the absence of Owners colours generally weren't a big issue etc. Yeh right. That's an absolute leading by open lengths and rolling front runner for the Joseph Goebbels Best Propoganda Award for 2012.
    To be fair, I suspect Hayes is just getting his ducks in a row & is set to make a play for a NSW based TAB Sportsbet Official Spruiker slot alongside his VIC based counterpart, TAB Sportsbet Official Spruiker & long-time Official Party Line regurgitator, Minty Man Number 1.
    Last edited by Triple V; 07-26-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Member Yearling Frano1982 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Francis
    Occupation
    Pastrycook
    Horses
    Sun Samurai Teasing Dolly Dagger Open
    They said the participants liked the concept....
    The only people that were interviewed on trotstv in relation to it were people that won races???
    Of course they're going to like the bloody thing!!!
    Why not interview old mate that ran last and see what he reckons, or better still, the bloke that never nominated his horse for it at all???

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Wagga trots have been using the dog colours on their saddlecloths for a lot of years.Never heard anyone complain, I don't that many punters would even be aware of the colour of the saddlecloth numbers.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    VVV you are spot on about the lack of form for trots in TAB's . It's just as bad here in Vic, it's either not up, sitting on the bench somewhere or in the worst possible spot .
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy View Post
    Wagga trots have been using the dog colours on their saddlecloths for a lot of years.Never heard anyone complain, I don't that many punters would even be aware of the colour of the saddlecloth numbers.
    Hey Brenno, sorry off topic, whats the go tonight for ya now Wagga is a bit too damp?

Wagga isn't the only club to use the coloured saddlecloths with success (IMO), but triple is (as usual) close to the mark. Bigger cloths with larger numbers and as colourful as you like gets my thumbs up. The only thing that REALLY irked me was the numbers on the drivers, that was just crap bordering on just plain bad taste. Have we got any betting figures yet that will support its continuation or demise in comparison to other Monday afternoon meetings?

aussiebreno
    Hey Brad,

That was clumsy that posted that! But too answer your questions, yes it's a bit wet here in Wagga today. The mobile has a history of not being able to get away from the field safely and I daresay they tested it this arvo and made the decision to postpone until Monday night.

+ Reply to Thread