Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Flying (boring) K

mark diegutis
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minuteman View Post
    Don't worry,with the usual marketing whiz kids doing the promotion,no one will know anything about it anyway.
    They need to run it over 1000 meters and call it the Special K

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    ...with the 'K' standing for Ketamine.

mark diegutis
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    ...with the 'K' standing for Ketamine.
    They must already be on Ketamine or maybe they actually believed that LSD wouldn't hurt them

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    This is the sort of bullshit that people believe about the flying k

5 YEAR OLD GELDING
    R2 - C2
    WINNER 2 STARTS AGO AT MENANAGLE GOING
    1:53.2
    HAS GATE SPEED
    SOUND & CURRENTLY RACING NSW
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    IMO a very pertinant article in the harness racing update regarding trying to be what your not and the Hambletonian. I think its relevant to the future of harness racing here, the flying K and the Inter Dominion. Unfortunately I don't know how to do links and perhaps Harnesslink wouldn't like that anyway cause its not their story so those who are interested will have to find it for themselves!

aussiebreno
    A massive well done and congratulations is in order to whomever selected the timeslots for the races at Wagga tomorrow. They have scheduled the two dog races to be ran first, followed by the 5 pacing races. This means I don't have to get on course until the real racing starts. So, thankyou!

Junior Member Foal Loz1502 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mel Young
    Horses
    Browngirlintherain, Our Usain Bolt
    If only the bloke calling the first 2 stopped at that too! Hard to believe they booted Alan Hull.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    From what I hear, the Club was responsible for that. Seems a very odd move. Maybe it's an economy drive thing? Let's replace Allan Hull with the dishlicker bloke. Nice.
    How long it will be before we see the second coming of Billy Anderson's Butcher Shop and the disappointing last start 9th's beaten 50m start replacing steak in the steak sandwiches? It is essentially the same.
    Doesn't help the cause of the Industry one bit insofar as projecting professionalism over the Sky Channel coverage. Race Callers are very much part of the public image of the Industry & old mate not having a clue of the Harness Racing terminology and starting to feel the pinch in the breath department after the horses exceed the dishlicker staying distance of 600m...well, it's not too flash for mine.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Total waste of time and money is what i think. The money could be spent elsewhere or at least race them over the 1755 metres so at least the time count's as something for the Broodmare and Sire or have a bonus for the fastest mile rate for each class programmed or if any horse breaks the class or track record i think would be better imo.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Junior Member Foal Loz1502 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mel Young
    Horses
    Browngirlintherain, Our Usain Bolt
    Triple V any insight into the Bathurst economy drive to have the Wagga bloke calling the Bathurst races tonight. After enduring the Wagga replays from Wednesday night (because they were way to confusing to listen to on radio) low and behold put Bathurst on tonight and here he is again! With the favourite, in a pocket, out well, taking the lead, in the one one, with 2 laps to go. Needless to say I penciled the Melton and elsewhere timeslots down and gave Bathurst a miss.
    Think the Wagga thing was a bit of a flop, 2 races is a whole lot different to the Menangle idea. From an owners point of view didn't take to much notice of the "dog" colours, pretty much same horses, same drivers, week in week out at Wagga.

+ Reply to Thread