Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Flying (boring) K

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    He was a late call up apparently and he did apologise for his lack of calling experience on trotting races .
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Paul Francis will be calling at Wagga for the next twelve months.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    How the standards have fallen away Mel.
    Macca must burst into tears whenever he hears the races from Bathurst these days.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    And Michael Dumesny (Wanting to be a racecaller )has been told he's not up to sky channel standard and go and do non tab calls , ha ha up here we have probably no more than half a dozen meetings a year that are non tab and at the trials only 3 or 4 horses in them at a time how are you supposed to learn ?. He would do a better job than the dog caller does at the moment.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Junior Member Foal Loz1502 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mel Young
    Horses
    Browngirlintherain, Our Usain Bolt
    If the Wagga decision was based on the almighty dollar it's purely just a bad call. The tweeters were on it last night, even the mighty Sushi Sushi was questioning it!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Will certainly miss some of those 'Hullisms' that am accustomed to hearing. Just watched a couple of the Wagga replays and the 'new' chap certainly is a novice as to how to portray a pacing event. Horses positions, fractions etc. Needs to listen to some of Dan Milieckis calls to add a bit of excitement and clarity to his calls.

aussiebreno
    The new caller obviously doesn't have the pacing background. He really struggles with the fillers and describing the event. When push comes to shove and he is just calling the horses rather than searching for fillers he is quite good at that (my guess is the dogs background is why that is his strength). I'm sure he will improve with time, good luck too him.
    However, I think the Wagga club made the wrong decision giving Hull the chop.
    One thing Paul Francis did do well was find The Odd One in race four on Wed night. He was still a couple of lengths off them and the furtherst horse from the leader who looked like winning. That's one thing he has over Hull at the moment, who I doubt would have spotted The Odd One as quickly as Francis did.
    I've actually called a few trials and races (races just too myself obviously) at Wagga and the fillers are sometimes a hard thing too do, I've listened back to my calls a few times and asked myself why the hell did I say that. As Greg mentioned there was only a handful of horses in the trials and after a few weeks I didn't really progress as a caller because of this. Then when on track you have the pro caller in the background while on TV if you turn it too mute you can't always see the whole race...so no place to really hone the craft - which is why we see such long and distinguished careers from race callers.

aussiebreno
    Some of you have got your wish, Alan Hull will be back calling on Sky.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Thumbs up

...along with a note of sincere apology as well I hope.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    ...along with a note of sincere apology as well I hope.
    Francis will still be calling on track as decided by the WHRC. Sky called in Hull. Must have been a fair few complaints I'm guessing.

+ Reply to Thread