Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Flying (boring) K

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    The hrv site is having a poll on which driving colours people prefer so please vote and let them know that greyhound colours are not wanted.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Had a bloke tell me today that his horse went 1.53 in the Flying K heats this is the sort of bullshit people believe. Why is a mile rate given when the race isn't over a mile ?. These people believe the time is right and it is nothing but total bullshit.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

mark diegutis
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Had a bloke tell me today that his horse went 1.53 in the Flying K heats this is the sort of bullshit people believe. Why is a mile rate given when the race isn't over a mile ?. These people believe the time is right and it is nothing but total bullshit.

If his horse had to run the extra 609 mtrs its mile rate would have been around the 2.10 mark. Can not understand that they think they ran that time. Agree putting the mile rate is brainless. The flying k is brainless. The colour concept is brainless. Do they really wonder why we're dropping below the dishlickers in turnover.
    Trish

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Trish

How would you get a mark of 2.10, if they run a 1000m and went 1.08 you would add 45sec's for the 609 mtrs which would give you a mark of 1:53. Either way there shouldn't be a mile rate and the Flying K was Flying B.

mark diegutis
    Trish was just having a go at the stupidity of it all Dallas . Nothing serious She's so over the rubbish she'd rather watch Gilligans Island . HRNSW keeps shooting itself in the foot . They run a joke like the Flying Flop and then they destroy one of the truely unique traditions in harness racing , the Interdominion . It was such a fantastic race series and now it has no resemblance to its original design . When I first came into harness racing the Interdominion was truely fascinating . I compared it to the Melbourne Cup . Its now about as captivating as a re run of The Golden Girls and that show is utter crap IMO.

Senior Member Colt Lethal is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Lee Balmer
    Mark, I always thought that Trish had a lot of 'Ginger' in her.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by mark diegutis View Post
    Trish was just having a go at the stupidity of it all Dallas . Nothing serious She's so over the rubbish she'd rather watch Gilligans Island . HRNSW keeps shooting itself in the foot . They run a joke like the Flying Flop and then they destroy one of the truely unique traditions in harness racing , the Interdominion . It was such a fantastic race series and now it has no resemblance to its original design . When I first came into harness racing the Interdominion was truely fascinating . I compared it to the Melbourne Cup . Its now about as captivating as a re run of The Golden Girls and that show is utter crap IMO.
    Hi Mark

I liked the Golden Girls and Betty was my fav lmao just joking, yes the flying K should be put to bed and layed to rest and never to be seen again. I agree with you on the Inter, it's quite strange really when horses have to come to Menangle for the lead up race's for the Miracle Mile as they wanted to showcase the Menangle track but then change the format to the Inter and give away heats WORK THAT OUT.

aussiebreno
    What are you guys on about? Changed the format to the Interdom???

The final Interdominion earlier this year. What Menangle is running for the next three years is the Ben Hur Invitational.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post

The final Interdominion earlier this year. What Menangle is running for the next three years is the Ben Hur Invitational.
    LMAO good call

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post

Don't worry,with the usual marketing whiz kids doing the promotion,no one will know anything about it anyway.

+ Reply to Thread