Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
Hi Flashing Red,
Your sentence if you have to cause them a little pain, so be it. And they get looked after so well each and every day. It isn't much of a trade off do you think?
If that was harness racing's line on the use of the whip, IMO it would have a very negative impact on the future popularity of the sport.
The majority of horse people would understand what you wrote as I do, the only problem is that the majority are not horse people and for the sport to grow in the
future the product needs to be as clean and tidy as possible.
I have no problem with the direction racing is heading with the use of the whip and your proposal for the "numbers on the rump" (a la SA style) is great and should be in place
Australia wide lets start making some noise with the help of HarnessLink.

Hi aussiebreno,
It's not about who's in control, it's more to do with getting new participants and getting their dimes.

"If we had a keen vision and feeling of all ordinary human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel's heart beat, and we should die of that roar which lies on the other side of silence. As it is, the best of us walk about well wadded with........."
Re-reading it, a non-horsey person probably wouldn't understood my quote and I guess it can come across a little negative. You are right it can be said in a much better way. You would also think after 3.5 years at uni I could be a little more diplomatic. Thanks for explaining