Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: dartmoor

Member Filly DAZZA will become famous soon enough DAZZA's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    Slick Shandon in the same category. Low price claimer at redcliffe one week. Wins two races in town once claimed one of those running home in 26.1. Thorn has a reputation for getting horses that are "on they're mark" coming to his stable and all of a sudden growing a leg. Horse has the ability obvioulsy, hes a M6. Good training effort.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Hi triplev 123, don't know the name of the American trainer who said "keep yourself in the best company and your horses in the worst",but I have heard a Mr J.B.Cummings say it a few times. I have seen 'Dartmoor' race over here in the west and he was quite competitive against some pretty good horses.If his trainer could get him back to something near that form he could quite easily account for the field he was in.

triplev123
    The opening stanza of this thread reflects something that unfortunately lurks just beneath the surface in the Harness Racing Industry.
    Struggle to run a place or win a race only once in a Blue Moon and 'eat the paint off the walls' starve for the rest of the time and you'll be widely considered to be 'a good bloke'.
    Start winning a few now and again and people will generally still be happy that your luck has changed.
    Win races on a regular basis with a number of different horses across various age groups & classes and sadly, for some you'll very quickly morph from a good bloke to being one of the biggest bastard that God ever put breath into and there'll be dark conspiracies put about that you 'must be using something'.
    Buster, I've been thinking about this on and off today and you owe David Thorn an apology.
    Last edited by triplev123; 02-01-2011 at 06:05 PM. Reason: can't spell

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Win races on a regular basis with a number of different horses across various age groups & classes and sadly, for some you'll very quickly morph from a good bloke to being one of the biggest bastard that God ever put breath into and there'll be dark conspiracies put about that you 'must be using someting'.
    (This is not in reference to anyone or any post)
    Sad, but true. This was pointed out to me when I first started in the industry and it is applicable globally, believe you me!

buster
    ill be right

everyone said the same when i bagged the russo team.....two positive swabs later

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    ill be right

everyone said the same when i bagged the russo team.....two positive swabs later
    Whereas everyone I was around said yes they must be using something!

buster
    same situation for thorn

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    same situation for thorn
    Did you see Gotta Feeling return to form the other week.

triplev123
    G'day Buster,

You don't realise just how far wrong you are mate. To put my money where my mouth is, Dinner on me at the restaurant of your choice if David's stable pulls a positive for anything in the next 12 months. Should that period expire with no such transgression recorded on his part, your obligation is simply to buy him the BEST bottle of Bourbon available, to give it to him personally and whilst doing so to ask for his forgiveness. He's a pretty charitable fella. I'm sure he'll let you off the hook. I can't be any fairer than that.

buster
    you dont have to get a positive swab to be using something enhancing.....

+ Reply to Thread