Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: This made me laugh...

aussiebreno
    Well it was printed in English so I'm also guessing it didn't go in the Bankstown newspaper!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    So why not a bit of bute for you VVV and keep going? Its what you expect your horse to do isn't it. Or perhaps some one should give you a drench with a little water and cement!
    [VVV] Hey Dot. I've just about had enough of your nonsense. I'll give myself a dose of Bute and drench myself with cement.... when you stop wearing Men's jeans and thinking you're a bloke. Shop around, you won't beat that deal.

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Dot, I truly hope in this particular case that harness.org was the only place this was released.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Well it was printed in English so I'm also guessing it didn't go in the Bankstown newspaper!
    Brenno you may be surprised but we still do have 2 weekly local papers, the Torch and the Express printed in english but I don't know who actually reads them, I certainly don't. As for other language papers well I'm sure our Mayor offered to translate!

Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    [VVV] Hey Dot. I've just about had enough of your nonsense. I'll give myself a dose of Bute and drench myself with cement.... when you stop wearing Men's jeans and thinking you're a bloke. Shop around, you won't beat that deal.
    Funny how things are nonsense or silly when you don't agree. But honestly VVV is that the best you've got? I wear mens jeans and think I'm a bloke?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Funny how things are nonsense or silly when you don't agree. But honestly VVV is that the best you've got? I wear mens jeans and think I'm a bloke?
    [VVV] Merely returning serve Dot. I related a story to you of how I had a bad fall from a horse under saddle & that it was my fault & it was the reason I have never ridden since (on top of being unable to find a horse big enough and strong enough in order to humanely cart me around) and all you can muster is that half-arsed give yourself some Bute like you would your horse or get some water & cement into you routine. You opened the door, Counsellor. There's plenty more if you want to keep it rolling...or we can just leave it here. Your choice.

Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Sorry VVV scrapes and bruises doesn't cut it as a bad fall in my world, just par for the course.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    No need to be sorry Dot. In your world, yes, I've no doubt that is indeed the case. I take it that you have no doubt landed upon your head on a number of occasions then?...you know, way back before Pony Clubbers instituted a mandatory wearing of Skull Caps. The reason I ask is not to intrude but rather in an effort to somehow reconcile that bit where you linked women getting the vote, aparthied & so on with a change in the rules which govern steroid use in race horses. To the casual observer it strongly suggests previous episodes of cranial trauma.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Being a bit racist their Brenno aren't you ?
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Being a bit racist their Brenno aren't you ?
    I wouldn't have thought so.
    Bankstown is one of the most multicultural regions in Australia. Although not the best source, Wikipedia says over 50% of Bankstown locals were born overseas and that 60 different languages are spoken in the suburb. So while English is the main language there is a lot of different languages, even most preferred/native/first languages, flowing throughout Bankstown. I don't think alluding to this is racist. A generalisation based on a minority yes, but racist no.
    But I guess racism and discrimination is in the eye of who the comments 'target' and not the person making the comment. To be honest I couldn't care what language people speak, I read the jibberish on this forum don't I! I don't think that being able to speak English makes one superior and another inferior but I guess if somebody seen it like that they might think its racist - but I'm comfortable that my comment wasn't degrading to those who live in Bankstown that don't speak/read English. I mean its only fact - just like I can't speak French or Italian unless I'm blind drunk.

+ Reply to Thread