Horse shelter question.

Got paddock up back with tin shelter in it that measures 3.2m x 4m. 3 walls. Open side of shelter faces east. Paddock has no trees in it. Tried growing them in it and now have large collection of sticks as no matter what tree guards I use they always find way of getting at them.

From what I have seen while I've been sitting there 'watching', the horses seldom use the interior of the shelter. They use it often to stand outside on downwind side of it to shelter from wind but only seem to go into it to hide... from flies, farrier, etc. I stood inside it on hot summers day and can understand why they don't go into it then.

Have to cut paddock in half. 'Un-managable' the way it is. So one side has old existing shelter, other side will have no shelter.

On 'no shelter' side I was thinking building something with 2 sides not 3, plus roof. So would be open on the west and east sides. So they can walk through it rather than into it? Walls be say 14ft long...14 ft apart? Make walls out of timber not steel so cooler in summer? Paddock will have 2 horses max in it. Horses are rugged in winter. Winds here pretty strong from the south in winter and the north in summer.

Suggestions as to what to build? Or build nothing?