Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: That drive deserves 25 years in a Siberian Gulag

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Thumbs down That drive deserves 25 years in a Siberian Gulag

Race 7 @ Bankstown today. Watch the drive afforded the (2) horse.

Where's Comrade Stalin when we need him?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Wasn't race 8 was it Daryl New got 8 week's for it .
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Member Yearling Frano1982 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Francis
    Occupation
    Pastrycook
    Horses
    Sun Samurai Teasing Dolly Dagger Open
    There was only 7 races on yesterday...

He might of been on the "New" before he drove that one???

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Yep Race 7 saw it was the last in the results and just naturally thought it was 8.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Banned Gelding racefair will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jett Miller
    Hi Jamie,
    You've had a few disagreements with Daryl New and he's been quite vocal about drug cheats in Harness Racing. Maybe he doesn't like JJ Alchin? Maybe he thought that he was driving Memphis Bay?? or Maybe he was driving American style like Luke McCarthy?? Unfortunately, he wasn't driving Excel Stride and should have probably drove his horse accordingly. At least he owns and trains the horse and really isn't accountable to anyone else except for the punters. (who weren't on him anyway).
    Was Mitchell Reece's drive on Mac Bromac Race 7 Penrith 2nd August any better? http://www.trotstv.com.au/?mc=PE020812&rn=7 or http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...sw#PEC02081204
    I'd be filthy if I owned or trained that horse. Not only for giving him no chance after using him up so much at the early stages but for going three deep after he hit his straps and making the horse do all that extra work for nothing. Pushing a horse that hard could cause all sorts of problems like bleeding etc. and after that sort of run, there is no way that you could start him the following week. It's not much good for it's confidence either.
    I don't want to get into a slagging match with you, however you've repeatedly pointed out alleged duplicity by others on this forum for not being outraged by drug cheats other than Luke McCarthy.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by racefair View Post
    hi jamie,
    you've had a few disagreements with daryl new
    [vvv] a club with quite an extensive membership base i expect.

and he's been quite vocal about drug cheats in harness racing.
    [vvv] ...and good for him and good ON him.

maybe he doesn't like jj alchin?
    [vvv] who knows? I wouldn't know if they throw rocks on each others roof at night or cook each other batches of scones.

maybe he thought that he was driving memphis bay??
    [vvv] looked to me like he thought he was driving sinbad bay.

or maybe he was driving american style like luke mccarthy??
    [vvv] could well have been inspired by luke's drive at melton aboard excel stride. I certainly was. I take it you weren't?

unfortunately, he wasn't driving excel stride and should have probably drove his horse accordingly.
    [vvv] probably should have driven accordingly? There's a measure of doubt?

at least he owns and trains the horse and really isn't accountable to anyone else except for the punters. (who weren't on him anyway).
    [vvv] going off at 50/1 with no punters aboard was not the issue and i'm sure you're well aware of that. Hammering a $2.60 fav for 600m+ aboard said 50/1 shot then dropping out to finish out the back some 120m+ last was. That $2.60 shot hung on to finish 2nd btw.

was mitchell reece's drive on mac bromac race 7 penrith 2nd august any better? http://www.trotstv.com.au/?mc=pe020812&rn=7 or http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...sw#pec02081204
    i'd be filthy if i owned or trained that horse. Not only for giving him no chance after using him up so much at the early stages but for going three deep after he hit his straps and making the horse do all that extra work for nothing. Pushing a horse that hard could cause all sorts of problems like bleeding etc. And after that sort of run, there is no way that you could start him the following week. It's not much good for it's confidence either.
    [vvv] interesting take on it. Don't know the horse, didn't see the race. Rightly or wrongly the stewards didn't seem to see it the same way you did. From what i can gather all the horse got was 1 trial for a break near the 1600m & that's it.
    if you really think it was that bad then how come no mention of it from you before now? Not even so much as a peep from you...i thought you'd be yelling about there being nothing in the stewards report? If you felt it was that bad a drive...how come you've kept mum for 5 days post?

i don't want to get into a slagging match with you, however you've repeatedly pointed out alleged duplicity by others on this forum for not being outraged by drug cheats other than luke mccarthy.
    [vvv] i don't understand what you are getting at.
    vvv
    Last edited by Triple V; 08-08-2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: added a bit

Member Yearling Daryl New will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daryl New
    Occupation
    horse trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    vvv
    Jaimie I have avoided corresponding since that case of mistaken identity with ISPs, and all I wish to say on this forum is that the Stewards report does not contain all the relevant information but if you would like to know more feel free to ring me. After all I am still the same man who answered a call for help to transport one of your horses to Sydney Uni on a Saturday afternoon and stayed with it till it went into vet care and asked for nothing, even though you or Nathan pressed money onto me which I promptly put into your fathers pocket. As far as who doesnt like me, dont care, because I say it as I see it and if they dont like the truth eh. Dont dislike Rickie.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Solid attempt at a guilt trip there Daryl...but no Cigar. For clarification's sake, that horse spent at least 3 or 4 days in the Trainer's barn post her injury before finally being sent over to the Uni where she ended up having to be destroyed. The call you answered would've come from the Trainer at the time. It did not come from me & not from anyone else connected to me. Your refusal of an unprompted offer of payment for your assistance subsequent to that doesn't, some years later, serve to buy you a measure of moral high ground here. That was still a disgraceful drive.
    Last edited by Triple V; 08-10-2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Member Yearling Daryl New will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daryl New
    Occupation
    horse trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Solid attempt at a guilt trip there Daryl...but no Cigar. For clarification's sake, that horse spent at least 3 or 4 days in the Trainer's barn post her injury before finally being sent over to the Uni where she ended up having to be destroyed. The call you answered would've come from the Trainer at the time. It did not come from me & not from anyone else connected to me. Your refusal of an unprompted offer of payment for your assistance subsequent to that doesn't, some years later, serve to buy you a measure of moral high ground here. That was still a disgraceful drive.
    Jaimie regret to say I wasnt taking the moral high ground because you have been squatting there so long you now have ownership rights. But I dont like cheats whether they team drive, use drugs on their horses or any other tricks. I am none of them.

Banned Gelding racefair will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jett Miller
    Jamie, I highlighted Mitchell Reece's drive as an example of a similar or potentially worse drive not getting penalty. I don't watch every race and would never have highlighted it if it not for needing a recent example for my argument. I provided you with the links to the race. Why don't you have a look at it?
    You started this thread not me. You've asked for Daryl New to get 25years. He's not a driver with the skills and experience of someone like Mitchell Reece and so I think that you've gone over the top there. It sounds like you guys have some history. It might be better if you didn't push your personal agenda's here. Many of us only comment to provide balance to some of the ridiculous claims made here.

+ Reply to Thread