Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trial 1 @ Menangle yesterday

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Angry Trial 1 @ Menangle yesterday

Watch this, in particular from just before they enter the straight all the way through to the line. http://www.trotstv.com.au/?id=5631 The horse that ends up finishing last in the Trial copped somewhere between 30 & 35 whip shots (tried counting them) from around about the entrance to the stretch & the shadows of the post. The stretch is 350m long. Inside the final furlong, unless my eyes deceive me, it wore some well & truly heavy ones and it wore them in rapid succession. Interested to hear what this Forum's resident animal welfare advocates think of that effort.
    I'm guessing I'll not hear much because someone opening up on a horse like that in a Trial doesn't have quite the same air of intrigue & skullduggery that their chosen subject of drug cheats and anti-therapeutics does. Yesterday was just a damned Trial. That was shameful, absolutely bloody shameful.
    Last edited by Triple V; 08-08-2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Not a good look from a very experienced driver, surely the stewards must have said something, the horse was gone a long way from home.

Member Yearling Frano1982 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Francis
    Occupation
    Pastrycook
    Horses
    Sun Samurai Teasing Dolly Dagger Open
    Yesterday's stewards report has the driver copping a $200 fine for his trouble...

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    A $200 fine? For a blatant beat down of a horse? Manifestly inadequate.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Absolute bloody disgrace should have been double the fine and a holiday.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

mark diegutis
    A guy in Newcastle got 6 mths for flogging his horse like that in a trial, quite some time ago but the same should apply here.
    I have sent all the information possible on to the RSPCA & awaiting their reply.
    Thanks Jaimie for making us aware of this disgusting event, how would the driver like the same treatment.......
    Trish

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    G'day Trish,

In a sense that's unfortunate because it could so easily lead to a real mess and another black eye for the Industry. That being said I think it's also reasonable to suggest Mr. Cable had every opportunity to get on the front foot, deal with this on the spot, in house and strongly by of handing out more than that which effectively amounted to a mere slap on the wrist. Not good enough. Not by a long shot.
    If nothing else, the public mood/view to which Dot & others have often referred was completely misjudged as far as this sort of thing is concerned. Nobody's going to cop seeing a horse beaten, racehorse or otherwise.
    To hark back to part of an earlier topic, the use of registered equine therapeutics and so on will not get the animal welfare lobby marching on State Parliament but this kind of crap however...it will.
    If we as an Industry don't look after our own business then we will most certainly have our business looked after for us. It's that simple. We either self regulate or we will be regulated.

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    Good on ya lads...I HATE THIS SORT OF SHIT !!!..Cruelty & blatant lack of respect for animals that try their best are 2 of the main reasons why Im seriously thinking of hanging up the hopples & dusting off the riding gear

Member Yearling geoffkel will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Geoff Parsons
    Quote Originally Posted by HISGEN65 View Post
    Good on ya lads...I HATE THIS SORT OF SHIT !!!..Cruelty & blatant lack of respect for animals that try their best are 2 of the main reasons why Im seriously thinking of hanging up the hopples & dusting off the riding gear
    Why send it to the RSPCA, that is just trouble making. Alert the stewards is plenty. They will deal with it.

Did you alert the RSPCA that 3 horses were put down at the olympics cross country, or showpumping, more than likely not!!!!

mark diegutis
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffkel View Post
    Why send it to the RSPCA, that is just trouble making. Alert the stewards is plenty. They will deal with it.

Did you alert the RSPCA that 3 horses were put down at the olympics cross country, or showpumping, more than likely not!!!!

I can do as I please Geoff & I have. The RSPCA are the only ones capable of doing something about this sort of abuse & the stewards had their chance & pray tell what did they do ... A $200 fine does not cut it.
    The World Horse Welfare Association were present at all olympic equestrian events Geoff, Im sure the horses were treated more humanaly that the thousands that go through the doggers yards every year from the racing industry.
    Don't you dare put the morals of the equestrian trainers & riders in the same cateragory as the racing industry. The racing industry does not compare with their standard.
    Trish

+ Reply to Thread