Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: whats happened to mcardle?

buster

whats happened to mcardle?

gone off the boil since a hot start

yet to have a good horse in aus??

Flashing Red
    Yes he is due for another good one.

I think he has done a better job here than in the USA, other than One More Laugh. Sportswriter and One More Laugh both held the 2yo world record - but One More Laugh did it on a 5/8th (rather than 7/8th) track - and first over to boot! Biggest run by a 2yo I've ever seen.

triplev123
    G'day Buster,

Oz bred foals wise he has 8 x 5yos, 8 x 4yos, 5 x 3yos and 34 current 2yos (13 have been named, none have yet started) followed by 37 current yearlings. Not sure how many current season foals he is expecting but thus far the records indicate 11 & climbing.
    Excluding the current season 2yos, from those 21 horses now 3yrs & older he has left 9 Oz bred winners, his highest Oz bred earner being a 4 win, tick over $30,000 earning current 5yo gelding with a 2:00.1 mark. With just the 21 foals 3yos and older it makes it a bit tough to get an irrefutable line on him and even tougher for him to do anything significant unless he's another Christian Cullen, which he obviously is not.
    Another way of looking at his slate is that of his top 25 performers to have raced here in Oz thus far (regardless of country of foaling) 20 of them were bred in NZ and further to that, of those top 25, 18 were colts & geldings, 7 were fillies.
    He was a courageous racehorse and we tried without success to get some mares in foal to him in his initial season & never went back in any of the following seasons. I'm not too keen on him these days because so far his fillies seem to be pretty ordinary as compared to his colts. That shows you just how wrong we can get it sometimes. I was as certain as anyone could possibly be about such things he was going to be a better sire of fillies than colts...and he has thus far proven to be the exact opposite. On that note, please excuse me whilst I go out into the garage and cuff myself up the side of the head a few times.
    Last edited by triplev123; 01-31-2011 at 10:11 PM.

buster
    so hes due to have a star 2 and 3 yr old filly this year then?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    i know of a very good 2yo McArdle filly... will race in a months time

triplev123
    My friend, that's like having prior knowledge of the Oz Lotto Draw.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    For the most part, yes, but I know 1 breaker and 1 trainer personally that have a knack of picking out the good ones from pretty early on. You would probably call it a gift, but I swear there are people out there that possess it!

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Mightymo
    As a guess that McArdle filly would be yours and even though you are a major breeder i reckon its the filly you purchased last year and not one that you have bred. I could be way of the mark here and might have you mixed up with another person and if i have i'm sorry.

Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Spot on Mango.

At this stage she could be first up in the Pink Bonnett. I just hope she lives up to her breeding!

Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    I said in a month, not a year!!

+ Reply to Thread