Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Raceday Medications USA

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Your the bean counter Brenno I thought you'd know that everything always comes down to the bottomline. I think you have misunderstood my question, it wasn't about your ability to judge pace. Brenno we may all feel the same lactic acid build up etc but are you saying that we all transition from the use of aerobic energy to anerobic energy at the same threshold? I'll have to decline your offer of a race though, I couldn't match VVV for 20m let alone you.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Your the bean counter Brenno I thought you'd know that everything always comes down to the bottomline. I think you have misunderstood my question, it wasn't about your ability to judge pace. Brenno we may all feel the same lactic acid build up etc but are you saying that we all transition from the use of aerobic energy to anerobic energy at the same threshold? I'll have to decline your offer of a race though, I couldn't match VVV for 20m let alone you.
    I do apologise for misunderstanding, its a bit hard to keep with the different tangents you go on.
    Well yes, not sure if its the same in horses (couldnt be too much different) but in humans we all rely on our anaerobic fitness when we go over 80-85% of our max heart rate.
    Again the R0s going 30,30,30,31 will get the same lactic acid build up as the SBSWs going 26,27,28,28. You have to remember the R0s wont be going 26,27,30,35.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Brenno I think you look at the handicapping system as being based on ability, it isn't it's based on racetrack success. All horses comence as an R0 regardless of their ability, the more talented progress quickly, the least talented remain an R0. R0 fields may be evenly matched or they may have a superior horse/s engaged that is capable of taking the others out of their comfort zone.

But the major point is regardless of how fast they go once they have reached "the wall" and become fatigued the risk of injury increases. Whilst human athletes frequently train with a "no pain no gain" maxim and rebound to improve in strength, to train a horse the same way will just sour them up or break them down

+ Reply to Thread