Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Race fixers

aussiebreno

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Now, all of a sudden they're rattling their legislative Law & Order Sabres? Hmmmm.
    Better late than never I suppose, but fair dinkum Breno. How long has it taken a NSW Government, ANY NSW Government of either side...to push through this sort of legislation?
    No doubt it would have been rather difficult to achieve back when Mr. Sin was $whacking$ it up with his mates Askin, Allan & Hanson, but both sides have had plenty of time to do something since then.
    Why this, why now...I wonder? Call me a cynic but the timing of it makes me wonder what they, the Politicians, know about that is getting set to crawl out into the light of day?
    Is this the precurser to a shit fight?
    A political 'getting all of the ducks in a row' exercise?
    Inquiring minds would sure like to know.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Hey Breno,
    Also noted that the report has urged the NSW Government to replace the organisation formerly known as OLGR & now known as ILGA (& while we're on the subject, punch ILGA into a google search engine and see what comes up. If that's not a metaphor for the ineptitude of those involved, right down to the letters in their chosen moniker, then I don't know what is). Such a replacing would be a winning move if ever there was one.

So how about it Minister, might be a good opportunity to have a good old fashioned clean out?
    Everyone who's ever had dealings with the former OLGR now ILGR knows full well that its halls are inhabited by many & varied Labor Party stooges who were slotted in there by the previous NSW Government, so why not follow QLD's lead and go put the broom through them the way Campbell Newman's crew did with RQLD? Just a thought. I'll even lend you my Broom.

Banned Gelding racefair will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jett Miller
    "They include deliberate underperformance, withdrawal from a contest and intentional misapplication of the rules by referees, umpires or officials."
    Interesting that this extends to the authorities. And so then it would seem that Mr. Annesley sees "integrity" to be more important than "keeping image" and everyone is fair game and treated equally if they cheat. Image the opportunity if we had that mentality now in harness racing?

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    There is a strong rumour going round in the TB"s that they have held off arresting a least 2 jockeys waiting for this legislation to go through. Perhaps there will be some more action on our own corruption enquiry soon

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    There is a strong rumour going round in the TB"s that they have held off arresting a least 2 jockeys waiting for this legislation to go through. Perhaps there will be some more action on our own corruption enquiry soon
    Nearly all legislation is prospective (and so it should be imo). That rumour may be just that, a rumour.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Nearly all legislation is prospective (and so it should be imo). That rumour may be just that, a rumour.
    Brenno the rumour is certainly doing the rounds at the base level, stable hands, track riders, farriers etc who like me wouldn't know if the legislation is prospective or not so as you say may only be rumour but certainly has a few people worried. I can think of one race fixer that I certainly wouldn't mind not seeing for ten years or so.

I hope the government intends to also provide the investigative capacity to give the new legislation some real bite, otherwise it will really come to nothing

Junior Member Yearling matrightyeh will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    john owens
    wow this is crazy

+ Reply to Thread