Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will team driving ever cause more reaction than drug abuse

Senior Member Colt Lethal is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Lee Balmer

Will team driving ever cause more reaction than drug abuse

It has been mentioned on this forum that the latter would not rate with Joe Blow.

"Can Drug Testing alone catch or stop DRUG cheats? - Richard Freedman on TripleM Radio"

The above thread has attracted 12687 hits and there are only 630 members?

WOW, as a marketing idea how good is that but NO-ONE IS INTERESTED IN IT

Wish I had a $ a hit

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    It has been mentioned on this forum that the latter would not rate with Joe Blow.

"Can Drug Testing alone catch or stop DRUG cheats? - Richard Freedman on TripleM Radio"

The above thread has attracted 12687 hits and there are only 630 members?

WOW, as a marketing idea how good is that but NO-ONE IS INTERESTED IN IT

Wish I had a $ a hit

[VVV] Just in case it has thus far escaped you Lee, this is largely a Participants Forum, it is not a Punters Forum.
    I, like yourself, have a wish. For sake of you gaining some perspective, I wish that you would run with that same thread on a Wagering Forum such as Betfair etc. for example.
    See if the Punters assembled there give a fat Rat's arse what any horse is tuned up with. They don't care, just so long as they're trying to win. That's what they care about. As such they also despise being handled by dodgy drives of any kind, be they team or individual. THAT is the a clear & ever present threat to Wagering and so THAT is the single greatest threat to the Industry. I'm stunned you apparently cannot see the timber for the trees on this one. That which concerns Participants and that which concerns Punters are in most instances, mutually exclusive. That doesn't make it right... but it is a statement of fact. It is what it is.

Member Gelding doncht will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Don Chet
    Indeed. It was a marketing move. But does anyone have the numbers regarding how effective this was?

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    [VVV]
    See if the Punters assembled there give a fat Rat's arse what any horse is tuned up with. They don't care, just so long as they're trying to win. That's what they care about. As such they also despise being handled by dodgy drives of any kind, be they team or individual. THAT is the a clear & ever present threat to Wagering and so THAT is the single greatest threat to the Industry. I'm stunned you apparently cannot see the timber for the trees on this one. That which concerns Participants and that which concerns Punters are in most instances, mutually exclusive. That doesn't make it right... but it is a statement of fact. It is what it is.
    As sad as it is VVV this very true. What drives a lot of people who have a genuine love for harness racing is the animal, which usually means they care what happens to the horse. What drives the punter is the dollar, win at all cost. If a horse is harmed by something that's not the punters problem, and that is 100% true. The punter just finds another horse to back, there is about 80 race at each meeting but the person with the horse sometimes only has that horse.

Harness racing needs punters that is a fact of life, but horses are flesh and blood to the people who care about them.

Member Filly kung fu man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    warren tuckwell
    Well said Toni

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    [VVV] Just in case it has thus far escaped you Lee, this is largely a Participants Forum, it is not a Punters Forum.
    I, like yourself, have a wish. For sake of you gaining some perspective, I wish that you would run with that same thread on a Wagering Forum such as Betfair etc. for example.
    That is one of the most absurd statements ever to be written!........perhaps you would like to clarify it further?............Are you telling me that NO Breeders, Owners, Trainers, Drivers, Veterinarians, etc.,.........Ever have a punt?

See if the Punters assembled there give a fat Rat's arse what any horse is tuned up with. They don't care, just so long as they're trying to win.

All of the recent drug or doping cases have been committed by Participants! I haven't heard of any punters climbing over fences and administering something to a horse, or hiding in the back straight and firing a pea gun at the favourite!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Bear in mind that is 2yo post that you are quoting Steve
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    I realize this Kev, but someone "re-activated" it, and I just read the contents.....and added my comments......I remember the original poster Lee Balmer, if it is the same person, was a trainer on the Northern Beaches of Sydney...........he had some handy horses too!....think he had some red in colours!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The 4th at Melton on Friday night

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm...romstate=vic#4

Let's say the emergency comes out - how would the stewards feel about Gavin letting the stablemate off the fence?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling astoevelaar will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Arjuna Stoevelaar
    Team racing isn't fool proof. Example Oct 22nd Redcliffe Race 7.

+ Reply to Thread