Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The King/Queen Of The Crop

aussiebreno

The King/Queen Of The Crop

Going back the last decade.
    01/02
    Lombo La Fe Fe beat everything in the 2yo fillies. (Uncles horse ran her to a neck in the Vicbred Final, that was one of my most exciting moments in the sport).
    Dee Dees Dream beat all the Vics while Black Line beat all the NSW colts & geldings.
    The 3yos were all very even. Tricky Vic, Whitten, Lombo Skyrider and Henschke! My personal favourite was Mattygonne. The fillies was, imo, the best 3yo fillies ever. Oaxaca Lass was better than ours but we had Sassy Sarah, Montanna Anna, Mindful and Indigenous and many others capable with the right run. They havent made the best broodmares to date though.

02/03
    The QLD emergence as a force started here! Slipnslide and Trend Setter dominated that state. But NSW had the headline horses - Kathryn Dancer and Self Denial! The Sentry was dominant in Victoria.
    Ashlees Babe took the mantle of the Fe Fe and won just about everything - until the Kiwi fillies came over. Te Kenarama was the best of the boys but it wasnt a very good crop.

03/04
    White Thunder and Emmas Only - although they didnt have many starts.

Neemeshar, Yada Yada Yada and Self Denial seemed to share it between themselves. Self Denial was still the pin up girl though. The Sentry dominated the boys; but in the next couple years Blatant Lie, Penny Veejay and It Is I would become bigger names. Some other chum won 7/8 in QLD - BAF. Amazing that he was basically unheard of while names like Kathryn Dancer are long forgotten!

04/05
    Jadah Rose and Protikori can lay claims but Lady Waratah was the best! By the end of the season Divisive stamped himself as the best but other names Tip Your Hat

White Thunder and Emmas Only again were top of the crop. Innocent Eyes, Triliner and Ladyinred used to take turns of winning in Victoria.

05/06
    Lombo Pocket Watch. In the fillies Amongst Royalty.
    Divisive head and shoulders above anything - although helped by drawing the pole every start! Lady Waratah again the top filly.

06/07
    Greg Kelly the best, Kept For Pleasure was the filly.
    LPW again in the 3yos - Fleur De Lil. Dance of Life won 2 oaks via the sprint lane yeah? Miss Hazel also had a topnotch season.

07/08
    Captain Joy and Ananz
    Kept For Pleasure. In the absence of Greg Kelly, Maffioso and Tanabi Bromac were the premier boys.

08/09
    The NSW boys, Two Eye See, Chariot King and Cuttheattidue were pretty even; Cuttheattitude the best though. Lanercost may have been the best but a Kiwi denied him any claims to that. (Something the Kiwis have a habit of doing). Lady Euthenia and Rocknrolla were the pin up girls.
    Captain Joy/Bonavista Bay and Broadways Best.

09/10
    Royal Verdict. A handful of fillies were pretty even.
    For A Reason, Lanercost, Cuttheattirude and David Hercules all could have won on their day! Millwood Meg the best of a pretty bad crop imo.

10/11
    Not long now until we find out. Bathurst and APG coming up soon.
    Royal Verdict imo will be the best and Aussie Made Lombo in the fillies.

10/11

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Great read!

Lots of horses I'd forgotten about there, amazing to think Lombo Skyrider was still winning in the US 12-18 months ago.

Thought Innocent Eyes was the standout 3 Yr Old filly of her year, and Jadah Rose and later All Promises had Lady Waratah well covered as a 3 Yr old but everyones going to have different opinions..really good read.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Village Kid View Post
    Great read!

Lots of horses I'd forgotten about there, amazing to think Lombo Skyrider was still winning in the US 12-18 months ago.

Thought Innocent Eyes was the standout 3 Yr Old filly of her year, and Jadah Rose and later All Promises had Lady Waratah well covered as a 3 Yr old but everyones going to have different opinions..really good read.
    Dont take my word as fact!
    Not only was Lombo Skyrider doing that but another 3yo from that year went around today...Massarua ran 3rd today at 12 years of age.

Flashing Red
    I saw Lombo Skyrider in Canada in 2008 He was a few stables down from mine.

+ Reply to Thread