Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Breeders Crown

Member Yearling geoffkel will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Geoff Parsons
    Yes I agree Triple V. Yes Moonee Valley was mostly closed but still had that great feeling about it. Anyway have to move on just wish we did not have to move onto Melton.
    Positives about Melton are, it is a good track for horses, HRV will actually own it once it is paid off, if they are smart they really need to develop the other land as quick as possible for income.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Reckon the weather put a few off. They got same storm we did late Friday night (almost 2 inch in short space of time). Been damp underfoot there all winter and that didn't help. Me and Luke got there before first. Wife and 2 younger kids were going to follow shortly behind. Only 1 jumping castle for kids (they probably had to cancel other activities due to weather and state of the ground). Rang and told her to leave till later as our bloke was in the last. Jumping castle like WWF wrestling already and our young uns would have been mud from a-hole to breakfast time in very short amount of time. Heard other people on phones doing same.

Also this year no Sushi Sushi. Have noticed that even on normal Friday night racing he gets a few extra through the gate.

Great racing though.

And congrats to Harvey with Fly Like an Eagle

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Reckon the weather put a few off. They got same storm we did late Friday night (almost 2 inch in short space of time). Been damp underfoot there all winter and that didn't help. Me and Luke got there before first. Wife and 2 younger kids were going to follow shortly behind. Only 1 jumping castle for kids (they probably had to cancel other activities due to weather and state of the ground). Rang and told her to leave till later as our bloke was in the last. Jumping castle like WWF wrestling already and our young uns would have been mud from a-hole to breakfast time in very short amount of time. Heard other people on phones doing same.

Also this year no Sushi Sushi. Have noticed that even on normal Friday night racing he gets a few extra through the gate.

Great racing though.

And congrats to Harvey with Fly Like an Eagle
    There were actually 2 jumping castles on Sunday Paul. A big one and a small one. A couple of other activities would have been nice though. My kids had a great time! And although we couldnt pick a winner or get the bikkies, we had a great time as well. Great racing with a terrific atmosphere. I guess you cant please everyone. The only thing i'd change, is enforce some kind of dress code.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    There were actually 2 jumping castles on Sunday Paul. A big one and a small one. A couple of other activities would have been nice though. My kids had a great time! And although we couldnt pick a winner or get the bikkies, we had a great time as well. Great racing with a terrific atmosphere. I guess you cant please everyone. The only thing i'd change, is enforce some kind of dress code.
    Gday Leigh
    Didn't wander all the way down the end. Saw the big jumping castle and there was an 'all in' of sorts happening on it so quickly did a u-turn and rang the wife. As big brother Luke said "We here to watch the races not chase the little ones round".

I can understand peoples gripes with the place. I had to use the Ring (car-park) Rd on Saturday morning. Can imagine what it would be like it peak hour on a Friday night. And we were back and forward between parade ring - grandstand for each race and was a little leg weary after the last. There's not a lot of dollars around to do much about it so guess just have to put up with it and make the most of it. Staff there are great.
    Last edited by Toohard; 08-22-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Missed a bit

+ Reply to Thread