Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Breeders Crown

Member Yearling geoffkel will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Geoff Parsons

Breeders Crown

Went to the breeders crown today and they really have to do something to improve this day.
    There is no atmosphere at this place, I was bored there today!!!
    Need to move it to either a Sat night or a Saturday Afternoon meeting and they need to move it back to country tracks where it grew and propered.
    Harness Racing is dying a slow death. We need to get it going again and very soon.

Member Yearling ARTOFFICIAL will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Damien Saxon
    Gday Geoff I went today too and have done to about the last 5 or so Breeders Crown Final's days. For starters the crowds I felt were well down,and there was something missing wasn't there? HRV's answer to merchandise- some ugly looking caps......... Having second thoughts on going next year and that is sad.

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Does anyone have any info on turnover for the day,that will be interesting.

Real Name
    Geoff Parsons
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Max View Post
    Does anyone have any info on turnover for the day,that will be interesting.
    No I don't but I got there 5 minutes before the 1st race and parked in the ashphalt car park out the front.

Years before that that was well and truly full at least 1/2 hour before the 1st.

Talking to some of the people I know and they are getting so disgruntled in the industry for a number of reasons including prizemoney, the stewards and management of HRV and how they are treating the smaller people so differently to the names of the industry.

They even changed the owners area into a white cold marquee yesterday. No TV's in there and one drink per owner, what a disgrace. Previously it has been a room inside where it is comfortable and had access to toilets etc.

The whole design of the place is wrong but that is and has been another issue since it was built. Need to have parade ring in a better position than where it is for god sake what were these people thinking???

Junior Member Weanling Bingo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Will Fry
    Geoff it definitely needs to go back to the country, Ballarat or Bendigo, for rejuvenation. But HRV will keep it as their flagship at Melton, trying to let everyone believe it is them putting in the stakemoney when it is all funded by the futurity payments. We are sinking in Victoria.

You are correct there is a lot of disenchantment in the industry. Too many restricted races, races tacked onto the end of a program to make 10-12 races, makes a long day, stakemoney stagnating, lack of consistency with the stewards.

As for the parade ring at Melton don't get me started. It is as if they are hiding the horses.

Junior Member Yearling matrightyeh will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    john owens
    was a great day for sure

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I have to say I agree with all the above . I think Melton can only handle about 1500 people , any more and it just too uncomfortable. The facilities are made for dry weather only. The stables are way too hot in the summer even with the new air conditioners. Who ever OKed the low roof should be shot. The track is good for racing but still 400m too short and the finish line is on a strange angle. But I would still prefer my horse to race there as opposed to Moonee Valley.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Geoff Parsons
    Gutwagon,
    I agree that the track itself for the horses is much better but that is the only thing going for the place. Moonee Valley just had that appeal about it and atmosphere on the big days was great. I suppose as we get further on the memory of Moonee Valley will fade.
    The problem s Melton. You ask anyone to go out there and they say that is way too far out of town.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I agree geoffkel the facilities were better at MV and it could hold many more people but the problem was 80% of the place would be closed on trot nights. It was hard to get a bet on and hard to find take away food.
    One of Meltons big problems is the road works on the ringroad make it a nightmare to get to. They have been going on since it opened and look like they will go on for years to come ! It,s easy to get there on a sat. night but Friday night is a joke.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    For big races and the like HRV should periodically bring Neil Busse back and sit him somewhere in the alfresco dining style roof-less grandstand area in order that he may experience first hand the range of weather conditions endured by the race going public. That would be, after all, only fair.

+ Reply to Thread