8) Glengowan
    9) Excel Stride
    10) The Phantom
    11) Sushi Sushi
    12) A Bettor Punt
    13) Our Major Mark
    The did the right thing by Dornauf!
    Royal Verdict V Gold Ace
    If they go hard early, which they could - Matt Mcguire could try and hold, Devilish Smile could have a look (doubt it tho - better driven quiet), Luke McCarthy will go forward, I daresay Gold Ace will go forward it will set it up for Abettorpunt or Sushi Sushi. If Royal Verdict get it his own way I reckon he will have improved enough off last week to win.
    Here is how I reckon it will look at the bell.
    TP GG HMM RV
    ES DS TME GA
    OMM ABP SS

Major Mark might even head the 3wide line.
    If theyve gone lead time and first half in <103 then Abettorpunt, Sushi Sushi or Devilish Smile will win. If they go 103-105 I reckon Gold Ace will win. If they go 105> Royal Verdict will win!

buster
    royal verdict might get the second up syndrome after a pretty tough run last week

aussiebreno
    Actually the more I look at this, the more I like a Devilish Smile. He was a top, top run last week. I think I have the winner in 3. Royal Verdict, Devlish Smile and Abettorpunt. Muskeg Express next best and dont discount Sushi Sushi and Gold Ace. Theres just too many chances this will be a no bet race, just sit back and watch!!!
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 02-01-2011 at 08:40 PM.

buster
    royal verdict did hand up in the breeders crown

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Beat me to it Buster, you are dead right, i reckon could be a great move for B Gath to lead and hand up. Devlish Smile is also fast beginner so may pop out for a look if lead is available. Problem for Royal Verdict tho, he could end up 3 the pegs if that happens. If Royal has sit will come home very fast as in Breeders last year.
    Muskeg massive run last week and if bungles the start again will face near impossible mission, Gold Ace to come forward for the death seat, meanwhile Sushi and Abettorpunt looking for trail up to unleash their sit sprint...
    Great race.

Member Yearling Shannon will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Shannon Lee
    kiwi's take it again

Flashing Red
    Horses don't win the Vic Derby from the death generally. History shows for the most part it favours leaders, 2 hole horses and those in the 1-1.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    The Muskeg Express for me he only has to come out safe and get a spot and you will see how good he is.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    Horses don't win the Vic Derby from the death generally. History shows for the most part it favours leaders, 2 hole horses and those in the 1-1.
    History has had a whole different group of horses. None of these horses have watched a Vic Derby so how are they supposed to know what happened with 12 completely different horses 12months ago and beyond!

+ Reply to Thread