Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sire selection help

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Yep, September 30. NRL snoozefest. I must buy Rob a beer for providing salvation.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    Greg,

Always A Virgin is having good success with his first crop in the USA. He was a good racehorse and is throwing strong athletic foals.
    Very cheap too at $2400.
    Roll With Joe also brings a lot to the table at a fee of just over $4000.
    The Always A Virgin results continue to roll in. Today he sired the winners of both $200k Indiana Sires Stakes finals, and the 2nd placegetter in the colts division.
    He has 9 in sub 1:55 and total earnings to date of $725k.

Greg, you started this thread looking for stallion selection advice. Have you made a decision.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Yes today for Karloo Nicky . I decided to go to Tell All at this stage but myself and Kyle (son ) will make a final decision the end of Oct after the US season has gone for longer as Always a Virgin is doing such a great job over there. I will go to Pepper Tree and have a look at him and his yearling's as well before i make a final decision.We swayed to Tell All because of the fact i would have 3 x crosses of Panorama's maternal family which i believe to be one of the most consistent producing line's going around. As for Danerky still undecided but are contemplating Blissfull Hall or Always A Virgin .The Cam Fella line crosses well with her family and for Virgin being by Western Ideal the family has never been to a sire of the Western Hanover line before i also like Leah Almahurst as a broodmare . Ideally i should go to American Ideal and get both Leah Almahurst and 3 Diamonds in the family and pray for a filly to keep the family going strong.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Greg as Phil has identified there is a pretty strong inflence from the Betty G family in Danerky with Cognac Hanover carry two strains and Shipps Fella being a direct tail female descendant (which you could argue hasn't helped you yet!) and he's given you a couple of options that double up on Tyler B and Tinted Cloud who is tail female to Betty G. Although he cant be described as a particularly successful as a sire you may want to look at Artesian for this mare. He is also an out cross on the sire line and he descends tail female from Betty G and carries Tyler B as sire of his second dam. Cognac Hanover second dam is the full sister to Artesian's fourth dam. Tyler B arguably did best with Race Time mares, Artesian has both Race Time and his full sister Touch of Spring. I like On The Road Again here too.

If you like really "tight" breeding you could look at Cammibest too.

Theres not much to work with in Karloo Nickys dam lines but being by Panorama you have a lot of options to double up on the Golden Miss family as there are quite a number of stallions who descend from GM. At the budget end there is JR Mint who has two strains of Golden Miss, through to Rocknroll Hanover! There are plenty in the middle with Real Desire, Tell All, Red River Hanover and Grinfromeartoear all descending from Golden Miss. GFETE of course has sons at stud now too.

There should be plenty of stats to sift through for Panorama as a broodmare sire too.

Disclaimer: these suggestions are from looking at paper only, you need to take into consideration the actual horses too!
    Yes Dot Betty G in the blood hasn't helped a lot much to the disappointment of Pop.He thought she would cross well with the old family but has been a bit hit and miss, 1 cross was o'k but 2 was too much to put the Shipps Fella mares as it has turned out.
    Last edited by Greg Hando; 09-09-2012 at 09:02 PM. Reason: added text
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    I might reach out for some help here also. I will be breeding a mare this year that I have no knowledge of its breeding whatsoever however she could run. Ran in a ladyship mile and is a striking chestnut of average size. Had plenty of speed. I just have absolutely no idea what may suit her bloodlines. Her name is Famegas Sister. Has never been bred to a comercial stallion and I have a small budget. Any advice would be appreciated. When you look at the breeding you will understand the interesting position.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    She's WIDE OPEN to which ever way you want to jump Grant. Wide open, like Sydney Heads.
    Pick a good sized, good gaited horse and fire away.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Sort of thought as much. Did race and beat Sokyola, Mother Courage, Her Sparky Self and a few handy ones. Certainly exceeded all predecessors on both sides!!

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    As pedigrees go, they don't come any more obscure than that.
    Interesting to see Sally Boy in the pedigree. The first mare we ever owned was by Sally Boy. That was back in 1968.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    You're an even older old bastard than I thought Trev. That was the year I was foaled.

Member Gelding Tangles will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mj mcmillian
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    I might reach out for some help here also. I will be breeding a mare this year that I have no knowledge of its breeding whatsoever however she could run. Ran in a ladyship mile and is a striking chestnut of average size. Had plenty of speed. I just have absolutely no idea what may suit her bloodlines. Her name is Famegas Sister. Has never been bred to a comercial stallion and I have a small budget. Any advice would be appreciated. When you look at the breeding you will understand the interesting position.
    Exotic Earl may be worth a try

+ Reply to Thread