Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sire selection help

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Hey Greg, I wouldn't put him to a big mare but for the smaller mare you might also want to think about Artistic Fella.
    You'll get a whole lot of horse for not a whole lot of $. He was an outstanding racehorse, won 12 races in sub 1:50 times, 7 in 1:48.4 or faster, won 10 straight Stakes races @ The Meadowlands as a 3yo & smashed them all in doing it, took a 1:48.0 lifetime mark, won a tick over $2.6million, he's a big, imposing individual & he leaves good looking, great sized foals. You can get into him for $3,400 Pay On Live Foal or $3,100 pay on 42 day test.
    I'd be very surprised if he doesn't make an immediate impression with his 2yos here in Oz. While he shuttles back to Seelster's in CAN, he stood his 1st season here and so his first crop to the track will be actually Oz bred, they're rising 2yos now.

Member Yearling ARTOFFICIAL will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Damien Saxon
    Anyone have experience with McArdle or Santanna Blue Chip stock? Any traits or bad habits found? Thanks

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by ARTOFFICIAL View Post
    Anyone have experience with McArdle or Santanna Blue Chip stock? Any traits or bad habits found? Thanks
    Gday Damien
    Not related to traits - bad habits but was reading McArdle leads the 3yo percentages this season. 34 foals 16 winners. 47%. Mach 3 2nd 42% and Bettors 3rd 36%. He doesn't feature in the 2yo top 20 though.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by ARTOFFICIAL View Post
    [VVV] G'day Damien,
    On the whole I think McArdle's colts/geldings are a fair bit better than his fillies.
    Don't know anything much about the Santana Blue Chips, have never seen any of them up close but he was a good gaited horse and a very smart 2yo.
    Here's a link to the Canadian Yearling Sale.
    http://standardbredcanada.ca/catalogue/yearling
    There are a quite a few Santanna Blue Chips on the roster and a couple have video footage.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,

Roll With Joe

A couple of pics of Roll With Joe at Pepper Tree Farm

RWJ23812_2_500w.jpg
    RWJ 3918 23.08.12.jpg

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Very impressive Trevor!

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Good looking horse huh? I like the 2nd pic. I'm hoping to be able to make the time between now and the start of the breeding season to get up to Pepper Tree and have a look at him and also Sportswriter and Rock N Roll Heaven.

Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Good looking horse huh? I like the 2nd pic. I'm hoping to be able to make the time between now and the start of the breeding season to get up to Pepper Tree and have a look at him and also Sportswriter and Rock N Roll Heaven.
    Pepper Tree Farm is having a stallion parade and a small yearling sale of 23 lots on 30 Sept. The catalogue went up on the net today. http://www.graemeboard.com/graeme-bo...s-spring-sale/
    Canola Cup is on at Eugowra on the following day for anyone wanting an excuse to get away for a weekend.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    Pepper Tree Farm is having a stallion parade and a small yearling sale of 23 lots on 30 Sept. The catalogue went up on the net today. http://www.graemeboard.com/graeme-bo...s-spring-sale/
    Canola Cup is on at Eugowra on the following day for anyone wanting an excuse to get away for a weekend.
    ....and what a great excuse to avoid watching the NRL Grand Final too. I'd rather watch paint dry. I think it's a go Trevor. Are you heading out there?

Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Is that really grand final day ???
    I'll be going to the sale in any case.

+ Reply to Thread