Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: they must be joking right?

buster

they must be joking right?

Outstanding 4yo For A Reason will return to the trial track next week

by Chris Barsby

Freakish; For A Reason is set to return and the Chariots Of Fire is the main target. Photo by Corey Pearce.
    One of Australia’s most exciting pacers is set to resume.
    Boom 4yo For A Reason is expected to return to the trial track at Albion Park next Tuesday for his trainer/driver Luke McCarthy.
    For A Reason, voted the Australian 3yo Pacer of the Year last season after collecting four Derby’s is being aimed specifically at the Gr.1 $200,000 Chariots Of Fire at TABCORP Park, Menangle on April 30.
    The Art Major entire has not raced since scoring a decisive victory in the Gr.1 $100,000 Queensland Derby at AlbionPark on July 10.
    And his trainer is predicting his ‘new look’ appearance will surprise even his most loyal fans upon his return.
    “Frank is a ball of muscle; I think he has grown another two hands since his last start and he really thickened up over the areas that I wanted him too,” Luke McCarthy stated.
    “I gave him a good break of six weeks straight after the Derby but ever since I have had him in and out of work because I didn’t want him coming back big and heavy,”
    “He’s done plenty of work on the track plus he has done plenty of swimming and the results of that work will be evident when he steps out next week, he looks absolutely fantastic and he’s a real big lad now.”
    McCarthy has outlined that his 4yo term will be quite light as he prepares for a career on the Grand Circuit stage next season.
    “Realistically, there isn’t too much around for him this season but that gives me a chance to look after him and prep him for the Grand Circuit races next season,”
    “The Chariots is the race I really want for him this campaign and then I will concentrate on the Brisbane Winter Carnival later this season.”
    McCarthy is also looking at the bigger picture with his $300,000 plus earner and is very mindful of what races he targets.
    Obviously he is going to be a stallion long term, he’s got a great pedigree with matching good looks and hopefully we can keep building on his record in a good way.”
    “He will probably have a couple trials and then we will build up for the Chariots, he’s likely to return to the races officially by the end of this month.”
    The return of For A Reason could easily coincide with impending marriage of McCarthy and his long-time partner Belinda Lamb who also co-owns the star pacer.
    The young couple will tie the knot at the end of this month in Sydney.
    For A Reason is raced by leading thoroughbred trainer Alan Bailey plus Ken McDonald and Belinda Lamb.

they have a seriously warped view of the horse, won 2 derbies but has nowhere near the pedigree for a stallion or the racetrack performance

id rather send a mare to sir lincoln if i was forced to pick one from that year

aussiebreno
    Would have to be a cheapy, but theres plenty of worse stallions currently standing.

triplev123
    There is no such thing as a Stallion's Pedigree.
    Many of the greatest sires in the history of the sport were thinly/short/obscurely bred on their maternal side.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    But do you really reckon he is that good to be a stallion.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    But do you really reckon he is that good to be a stallion.
    He has done a shitload more on the track than stalions like Pass The Mustard and River Khan.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Yeah thats true and there stats at stud prove that aswell, so Aussiebreno are you telling me For A Reason would make it at stud on what his done so far if yes your kidding yourself.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    surely we should be passing judgement on him till his career is over?? , What if he wins a Chariots this year and then goes into to win a Vic cup, hunter cup and Interdom?? If he does that then he definitely deserves to go to stud

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Mightymo
    I'll agree with that but i don't think they should be talking up a stud career untill he has won those sought of races there's a long way to go and there are some other nice 4yr olds out there.

aussiebreno
    Yeah thats true and there stats at stud prove that aswell, so Aussiebreno are you telling me For A Reason would make it at stud on what his done so far if yes your kidding yourself.
    There are more mares in this world than Ashlees Babe, Fleur De Lil etc. River Khan has serviced the bread and butter mares of the Riverina for a decade or longer and I'm sure there are lots of other examples in other areas - look at Lombo Maningo, Camlach, Thorpedo, Flightpath, Sir Galvinator etc. These studs arent in it for fun, they do it to make a profit and if those horses have had multiple seasons in the breeding barn then there is no reason For A Reason cant. In QLD there are a many bread and butters mares going around in Restricted races and I doubt their owners will be looking to slash out $15K for Christian Cullen. If retired now, at the right price For A Reason would service many mares.

aussiebreno
    Mightymo
    I'll agree with that but i don't think they should be talking up a stud career untill he has won those sought of races there's a long way to go and there are some other nice 4yr olds out there.
    Talking up a stud career...oh dear.....out of the whole article and about 10quotes and one happens to just mention a stud career, hardly talk one up. McCarthy is mindful of the fact he has a lot more to do and only mentioned it do give reasoning as to their plans for the horse. If you want to see talking up rewind to the days Auckland Reactor was 4yo.

+ Reply to Thread