Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: they must be joking right?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    This is not the first time he has mentioned it, last year he also mention it in the trotguide where he had talks with John Coffee from Alabar and your right about Auckland Reactor but at the moment i'd say he would still have more runs on the board.

triplev123
    I'll take Luke's word for it. If he thinks he is a sire prospect and he is intent on managing the horse as such then that's good enough for me.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I'm not saying he cant be i actually like the horse but he has a lot more to prove before he is a stud prospect.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    I'll take Luke's word for it. If he thinks he is a sire prospect and he is intent on managing the horse as such then that's good enough for me.
    Not just Luke's but if Alabar were talking with him then thats a good sign!
    Or does mango know more than Luke and Alabar?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    I'm not saying he cant be i actually like the horse but he has a lot more to prove before he is a stud prospect.
    I have no idea who you are; but I envy the success you have had in ownership. You have obviously only ever had good race-horses and good broodmares that were justified being able to be sent to the upper-echelon sires. Either that or you are a wealthy individual away from the game and have the money to justify going to the top-notch sires even with unfashionable mares. Not every stallion can top the sires list.

nat
    Have a Good look through the Dam's side there are winners and winners and winners plus she's a Fake Left with that Lordship/Globe Derby blood thrown in, We were all keen as to breed to Art Official and Santana Blue Chip when Art Majors price doubled now I'm not bagging these 2 stallions (Art Official's win against SBSW one of the greatest US race almost rivaling that of the Falcon Seelster's) but they were neither the best of their crop good but not the best but they were the best Art Majors at the time. I just get peeved when someone knocks a horse before he's begun what if Ian Dobson didn't have a grand plan for CC in the breeding barn, I've seen many well bred stallions come and go with no result down under. I'm for giving our best race horse stallions a go rather than breeding to the second best that the northern hemisphere send us.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Aussiebreno
    I think you need to go read my posts again, at NO stage am i bagging the horse and as you quoted one of my posts you should realise that i actually like the horse. What i did say is that i don't think he has done enough on the track yet to be a stallion. Now as mightymo said if he wins the charriots, hunter cup, miracle mile or even a inter than yes there is a good chance of him going to stud. For me the only horse i would send a mare to that is racing in Australia would be MR FEELGOOD as he has proven himself on the track and has a great pedigree to go with it. And unfashionable mare's well you could be right but i think there ok and have some breeding behind them beside's one being by Life Sign as he has been a tad dissapointing with the numbers he has on the ground. Also i've never had a good horse but i'm trying my best and maybe i'll get one maybe i won't.

Hi Nat
    I'm not doubting his pedigree as it is very strong and a friend of mine P.K owns the 2yr old full sister all i am saying is that i don't think he has done enough on the track as yet. Now if your to be honest to yourself you would realise that he still has to do more on the track which hopefully he can.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Hello Aussiebreno,
    All the standardbred colts that are born IMO are sire prospects, until such time as the horse for what ever reason proves other wise. Luke M, John C or Brett C (@Alabar), anyone involved or that may be involved in the future in a horse with the potential to be a sire are not going to rule out the possibility of success, even if only slight.
    You can breed to who or what ever turns you on. It is your choice, as it is Mangos.RESPECTbrothers.

Mightymo is correct and lets hope he gets every chance at stud.

TripleV123, don't these Art Major colts go well
    Last edited by justdoit; 02-02-2011 at 01:36 PM. Reason: st

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Aussiebreno
    I think you need to go read my posts again, at NO stage am i bagging the horse and as you quoted one of my posts you should realise that i actually like the horse. What i did say is that i don't think he has done enough on the track yet to be a stallion. Now as mightymo said if he wins the charriots, hunter cup, miracle mile or even a inter than yes there is a good chance of him going to stud. For me the only horse i would send a mare to that is racing in Australia would be MR FEELGOOD as he has proven himself on the track and has a great pedigree to go with it. And unfashionable mare's well you could be right but i think there ok and have some breeding behind them beside's one being by Life Sign as he has been a tad dissapointing with the numbers he has on the ground. Also i've never had a good horse but i'm trying my best and maybe i'll get one maybe i won't.

Hi Nat
    I'm not doubting his pedigree as it is very strong and a friend of mine P.K owns the 2yr old full sister all i am saying is that i don't think he has done enough on the track as yet. Now if your to be honest to yourself you would realise that he still has to do more on the track which hopefully he can.
    He already has done enough (2 Derbies) to make a cheap stallion. He has done more than River Khan, Lombo Mandingo etc who are have made cheap stallions and served plenty of mares, therefore For A Reason can and will make at least a cheap stallion and have a healthy amount of mares go to him. Not every stallion has won 5 grand circuit races and $1 million in prizemoney. Do you understand that or not?

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Aussiebreno
    Well i'm sorry at the present time he hasn't done enough for me.
    Last edited by mango; 02-02-2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Went overboard

+ Reply to Thread