Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: they must be joking right?

triplev123
    G'day Mango,

I have the odd moment of clarity. Jackie & Sue will testify to that.
    There may well be others to have done so but the only brothers that come to mind that have really hit the boards as sires are Trotting stallions, the famous 'Hall brothers'...Andover, Angus & Conway. Interestingly, when you look at their dam, Amour Angus, and Rich N Elegant the dam of Rocknroll Hanover etc, I think they have quite a few things in common. For starters both are without any shadow of a doubt the greatest producing broodmares of their respective gaits we have seen in the modern era and yet nobody on the face of the planet could have looked at their respective race records/pedigrees & confidently predicted anything like that level of success. That's what I mean about colts/entires having sire's pedigrees. That tag is so often attached to them after the fact. I'm kind of getting off track a bit here but if there's anything to take away from looking at a prospective sire's pedigree and deciding whether or not you think it's a chance, think of the number of extremely successful Standardbred sires over the years that had off-beat/obscure/otherwise unsuccessful sires as their damsires. Two great cases on point are with us right here in the Southern Hemisphere as we converse...Bettor's Delight (Armbro Emerson) and Art Major (Nihilator) and there are and have been a host of others.
    Last edited by triplev123; 02-10-2011 at 12:09 PM.

buster
    there are a million reasons why a sire will fail and only 2 why they succeed 1 - quality and 2 - numbers

triplev123
    Nah, don't agree. The only thing that is black and white in that area Buster...is that nothing is black and white, including that which you've stated there.

+ Reply to Thread