Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Southern Hemisphere Stallions

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train

Southern Hemisphere Stallions

What Southern Hemisphere bred colt or stallions not currently a commercial stallion or still racing would people think could have a successful siring career if given the right opportunity? Interested to see if anyone would be interested in any of "our" horses at all. Surely we are getting closer to breeding our next CC or CUF!!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    What a great question Grant. Here's a few I can think of, not limited to and in no particular order...
    Recently/Currently racing-Smiling Shard, Highview Tommy, Bit Of A Legend, Grand Stride, Fly Like An Eagle, Philadelphia Man, Carribean Blaster, Three Over Three, Excel Stride, Lanercost, Scandalman, Ohoka's Bondy, For A Reason, Miami H. Retired for a while- It Is I, Flightpath, Maffioso, Bonavista Bay.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Majestic Mach is IMO the most likely candidate at the current point in time.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Majestic Mach is certainly heading in the right direction.

Putting my bias aside, I reckon Fly Like an Eagle is one that would be a good chance. Has a great maternal family that has produced Chokin and Changeover.

Won the first Gr 1 2yo race of the season in NZ (Young Guns) as well as the last (Harness Jewels).

Won the NZ Derby and Breeders Crown as a 3yo

On top of that, he is a magnificent looking animal

Would be great for all Cam Fella, Western and Artsplace line mares

Ok, time to take my rose coloured glasses off!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Carribean Blaster is another one i like.

Great Maternal family and just love his will to win

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    Majestic Mach is IMO the most likely candidate at the current point in time.
    Majestic Mach is an immensely talented racehorse but he will NEVER become a sire.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Lanercost is one I'd be interested to see. What ever happened to Bonavista Bay? He was a beast!! Maffioso is another similar that disappeared with talent. I had never noticed Caribbean Blaster to still have his utensils. He has wicked speed, excellent breeding, may be next cab off the rank. More chance than Majestic Mach.
    Last edited by Gtrain; 08-30-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Majestic Mach is an immensely talented racehorse but he will NEVER become a sire.
    How about Sushi Sushi then :-)

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Yeh, if only huh? Most likely the difference between them making it to the track and not doing so though. We've got one that was made two stones lighter a few months back now & I reckon that it has made a change for the better in him. He got a bit piggy at times and we think maybe he was pinching himself too as one of his jatz was a bit brusied. He seems a lot happier now, certainly moving more freely than before.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    What we currently do not have but we really need to have in order bolster the case for locally produced sire prospects is a seriously big $ 3yo race over 1 mile in order to showcase their speed...something along the lines of a Miracle Mile but for 3yos.

+ Reply to Thread