Hi all
I normally wouldnt post something like this on a public forum but I just wanted to let the harness racing community know that
they have recently lost one of the sports true & rare "good guys"
RIP Graham Harriott..
I have been friends with Graham for many years & have shared in many good times.
Graham was a true battler & what he did with trotters was nothing sort of miraculas
& often he never got the praise he deserved.
I was always an equestrian based person with a passion for STB's.I first met Graham through the horse adoption program I was part of
& the friendship blossomed from there.He took me under his wing & showed me that training & racing horses was a beautiful thing.
In recent times Graham & I took on the rolls as President & Vice President respectively of the Marburg Pacing Association
& this year the club's success has been staggering & has bought us much satisfaction.
Graham had a "true" passion for the sport,not driven by greed & or money,
He had a mission to bring back non-qualifying trials to Marburg in which after alot of hard work his dream was realised earlier this month.
All the hard work,whilst juggling other commitments,was wholely & souly for the benefit of the sport & its participants especially at the grass roots..nothing else.
This week we lost a true friend & a great man
RIP GRAHAM....you will never be forgetten